Do you need a job offer of occupation is listed on CSOL?

Suziedoll

Hi everyone first post. I'm finding the whole visa thing very complicated. My husbands occupation is listed under the CSOL list - facilities manager.

does this mean he has to get a job offer before going?

Also what's the difference in schedule 1 and schedule 2?

thank you all :)

I hope you've been looking at the current CSOL. Once there was but there is no longer any concept of schedule 1 and 2 unless you've found those terms on a state occupation list e.g. WA. Here is the current CSOL:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/csol.aspx

Occupations that are only on the CSOL and not also on the SOL are only eligible for employer or state sponsored visas.

For employer sponsored visas, a job offer is not nearly enough - you must have sponsorship as well as a job offer by an eligible employer and various conditions must be met by the employer and employee. Which conditions apply depend on the visa in question (457, 186 or 187).

For state sponsored visas (190 and 489), the occupation must also be on a state occupation list and the state must agree to sponsor the worker. In many cases (but not all), the state will require you to have a job offer before they will approve your nomination for sponsorship.

Archived