Shall I do reassessment for the current experience

doxa

Hello friends,

I have already done skills assessment as Software Engineer with Australian computer society for the period starting from 19-Nov-2007 till February 2014 for the work experience from my employer. After the assessment, the ACS approved my experience after November 2011 to February 2014.Now I am preparing to submit my Expression of Interest.So Could you please confirm me, whether I can claim points for the experience after this February 2014 which is not assessed as I am working in the same company in same post and same role ,If I submit my recent experience letter from my employer? Please kindly inform me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Doxa

Hello friends,

I have already done skills assessment as Software Engineer with Australian computer society for the period starting from 19-Nov-2007 till February 2014 for the work experience from my employer. After the assessment, the ACS approved my experience after November 2011 to February 2014.Now I am preparing to submit my Expression of Interest.So Could you please confirm me, whether I can claim points for the experience after this February 2014 which is not assessed as I am working in the same company in same post and same role ,If I submit my recent experience letter from my employer? Please kindly inform me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Doxa

No, you won't need assessment for the additional time. As @Gullu has told you, it will automatically calculated by the EOI system and provided you have evidence of having been employed in the same position to the new date, it won't cause a problem.

The main reason I answered though is to ask if you've made sure you will only be claiming points for experience after having taken into account the 2 (or more) years that are deducted from every skills assessment by the ACS? It's by far the most common cause of problems with EOIs submitted by people who were assessed by the ACS as their result letter is VERY confusing and more than a few people have claimed too many experience points with potentially disastrous consequences.

You probably already know this but just in case...

You can only claim points for experience from the date included on the following line of the ACS assessment "The following employment after 'month year' is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 'your nominated occupation'. You enter experience before that date as 'Not relevant' and experience after that date as 'Relevant'.

Archived