Job market situation

Guest nastasia

An election in Victoria tomorrow and that normally shakes things up a bit. Still a lot of people loosing there jobs even people who thought there jobs were totally safe ( ad us to that OH lost his job last week - thus we are moving back to Qld) Wether things will change with a change of government in Victoria remains to be seen.

Guest nastasia
An election in Victoria tomorrow and that normally shakes things up a bit. Still a lot of people loosing there jobs even people who thought there jobs were totally safe ( ad us to that OH lost his job last week - thus we are moving back to Qld) Wether things will change with a change of government in Victoria remains to be seen.

Thanks Tina, wish you all the best!

Take a look on seek.com.au and you will get an idea.

But be aware that most of the jobs posted by IT recruiters are 'come on' ads. In many cases the jobs either don't exist or the agent has not been contracted by the employer to fill the position. Many people believe they do this to harvest resumes for later reference. You may notice that 95% of the IT jobs posted on seek are posted by recruitment agencies.

Didn't bother with seek, it seems LinkedIn is the place to be.

Update your location on LinkedIn to Melbourne, that way you'll come up when recruiters are searching for potential candidates. Also make sure you mention something about your visa status in your linkedin summary, like "PR granted".

I can't speak for everyone, but my experience was quite fortunate, without actively doing anything (other than the above mentioned) I landed a job within 10 days.

Archived