Help Skill Assessment EA

AspiringforPR

Hello All,

I am writing to request for your advice for my skill assessment.

I am planning to go for skill assessment under code 313214 from EA.

But I have few questions:

1) I have done bachelor of engineering in computers from Mumbai university, India. After that I have been working as Senior Engineer - Network Operations from past 3.10 years i.e from Jan'11.

I work on data networks and on technologies like Cisco/Juniper routers, switches, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, routing and switching.

I am now confused about whether I should go ahead with skill assessment with EA, since engineering in computers and not telecommunications.

2) Also I wanted to if there is any difference between ANZSCO Skill Level 1 and ANZSCO Skill Level 2.

3) Upon positive assessment from EA will I be able to claim 15 points for my bachelors of engineering degree even if the ANZSCO Skill level is 2.

My points breakup is as below:

Age; 30

Education: 15 (Bachelor of Engineering, Computers)

IELTS: 10

Experience: 5

Thanks,

The authority you go to for skills assessment depends on the occupation you nominate.

The occupation of Computer Network and Systems Engineer (ANZSCO code 263311) must be assessed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) not EA. You have your skills assessed by EA if you are nominating Telecommunications Engineer (263311), Telecommunications Network Engineer (263312), Telecommunications Network Planner (312312) or some other engineering discipline for which they are the assessing authority.

What occupation do you intend nominating?

The difference between skills levels is explained on the following:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/0/C4BECE1704987586CA257089001A9181?opendocument

Whether you can claim 15 points for your degree depends on whether it is comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree as determined by the CEP for your country. It has nothing to do with the qualifications required for your nominated occupation. [TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Archived