Medical Questions for 189 visa

Zeebeth

Hi guys,

My husband and I went for our medical yesterday. Husband was told his went fine, however the Dr got a bit "funny" with mine and said the case office may or may not want to me get a psychiatric analysis done and I was hoping some others could give me some advise.

Basically the just of it is when I was 14/15 I went through a period of depression and self harming. I was treated in the community and never admitted to a hospital hospital. I had ticked the "no" box on the health questionnaire because of this. The Dr started asking questions when she saw the scars on the tops of my arms (unfortunately even 7/8 years on they are prominent due to some hypertrophic scarring). The Dr got really funny about this and demanded to exam the rest of my body for scars and kept saying "are you sure you weren't treated in hospital". I'm going to have to report this to immi and you may need a psychiatric assessment.

My question is how likely is it that the case officer will request this and will it affect our chances of getting the visa? I'm totally fine now.

Any advise would be appreciated as I'm now starting to worry.

Thanks

Zee

It sounds like your medicals may be referred. If they are and you're required to have a further assessment, you'll probably be OK if your problems are all well and truly in the past. If you're still concerned, it may be an idea to get in touch with an RMA who is an expert on issues with medicals. I think @George Lombard is one such.

Hi,

I agree with Ozmaniac on this. My OH had some medical issue, but our Agent told us that DIBP are more concerned with likely long term and expensive medical costs which divert healthcare funds away from Australians. Needless to say, as my OH isn't on any medication at all now, that all was ok. Maybe they just want to check that this an historic event and not a current one.. Best of luck anyway.. :wink:

Hey so just checked immi and the medicals for both my husband and I are showing as completed, does this mean they won't be referring me or do I still need to wait for case officer allocation? Sorry I know it sounds like a silly question, but I couldn't find the answer on the immi site!

Archived