Help with the before entry date 189 SI visa

Davidbrockhouse

Hi hopefully someone can help.

Got 189 SI visa granted in Jan 2014, my before entry date is 31st October 2014.

i went into Australia in July 2014 for 2 days then went back to UK.

my question is can I now enter Oz AFTER the 31st October 2014, because I went to oz in July,

or do I still have to be there before the 31st October.

thanks for any help with this, it may sound like a stupid question, but I just want to make sure

david

Hi,

I believe you have activated your visa with your visit in July, so don't need to go now until the last entry date, which should be around 5 years. Note that everyone on your visa needs to do this before the date too.. Not just the main applicant, if you have family on there too, they need to activate their visas, as the visas are independent..

Cheers :smile:

Hi David,

You received your visa in Jan 14 and entered into Oz in July 2014 so this has now validated your visa. Yes you can enter Oz after 31st October 2014. You now have 5 years from from the date the visa was issue to settle in Oz.

Hi David,

You received your visa in Jan 14 and entered into Oz in July 2014 so this has now validated your visa. Yes you can enter Oz after 31st October 2014. You now have 5 years from from the date the visa was issue to settle in Oz.

thanks so much for your help, it was driving me crazy.

Hi,

I believe you have activated your visa with your visit in July, so don't need to go now until the last entry date, which should be around 5 years. Note that everyone on your visa needs to do this before the date too.. Not just the main applicant, if you have family on there too, they need to activate their visas, as the visas are independent..

Cheers :smile:

thanks for your help, just wanted make sure this was the case

Archived