Proving available funds when migrating

Alanlisa

Hi All,

Not posted for a long time but I am hoping you can help me with a little info :wink:

My question is, when you state on your visa app what funds you will be bringing into Oz do you have to provide proof? If so, if the funds are coming from a house sale how do you prove that?? How much money do they like to see as a minimum for a family of 5?

It's all so confusing! :unsure:

Hi All,

Not posted for a long time but I am hoping you can help me with a little info :wink:

My question is, when you state on your visa app what funds you will be bringing into Oz do you have to provide proof? If so, if the funds are coming from a house sale how do you prove that?? How much money do they like to see as a minimum for a family of 5?

It's all so confusing! :unsure:

We applied for 190 visa and out State requested us to provide sufficient funds. We will also be selling our property and wrote the estimated value we will have as capital to take over to Oz. This was then certified by a solicitor. State Nomination was accepted so I know that's the correct method of doing it for our application

If you are applying for a state sponsored visa, the sponsoring state may require you to provide evidence of your funds, but for the actual visa application, DIBP only ask the question but I don't know why - for stats perhaps because even very low funds won't affect your chances of getting the visa. They don't ask for proof. Just tell the truth and relax on that score.

Archived