Timing for lodging visa and associated expenses

shelz

Hello,

We are just in the process of saving up enough to pay for our visa's ( 2 adults, 2 children) and medical costs and police checks and trying to put as much aside each month as possible - but I am really itching to put in my EOI.

Could someone clarify that if i lodged my EOI say at the end of the month (October) and then got an invitation in say 2 week after - that I then have 60 days to lodge the visa and pay for it? (ie visa cost latest would need to be paid mid January?)

If this is the case - then is there a rough time scale after lodging and paying for visa then to get medicals and police checks organised? Or could you wait (and save a little more till case officier is assigned then do the medicals and police checks once requested?)

Of course i will be hoping to get everything done and paid sooner and if i am a good girl could hopefully organise things sooner but is a matter of saving as quick as we can with still having a decent standard of living in the meantime especially with Christmas coming up; or we could win the lottery.

We have some of the cost of the visa saved up but not all of it yet - any advice, i have very itchy fingers and just want to press the button and gets things moving!! Im sure (well 98%) we would have enough by mid December at least to cover the cost of visa but apprehensive at the same time. :unsure:

Its took a while to get to this stage maybe its just seems to be getting real now arrghh, and nervous about medicals

Hello,

We are just in the process of saving up enough to pay for our visa's ( 2 adults, 2 children) and medical costs and police checks and trying to put as much aside each month as possible - but I am really itching to put in my EOI.

Could someone clarify that if i lodged my EOI say at the end of the month (October) and then got an invitation in say 2 week after - that I then have 60 days to lodge the visa and pay for it? (ie visa cost latest would need to be paid mid January?)

Yes, you could work it that way.

If this is the case - then is there a rough time scale after lodging and paying for visa then to get medicals and police checks organised? Or could you wait (and save a little more till case officier is assigned then do the medicals and police checks once requested?)

Case Officers are usually allocated within about 3 - 3½ months and you then have at least a month to submit medicals and PCCs.

Of course i will be hoping to get everything done and paid sooner and if i am a good girl could hopefully organise things sooner but is a matter of saving as quick as we can with still having a decent standard of living in the meantime especially with Christmas coming up; or we could win the lottery.

We have some of the cost of the visa saved up but not all of it yet - any advice, i have very itchy fingers and just want to press the button and gets things moving!! Im sure (well 98%) we would have enough by mid December at least to cover the cost of visa but apprehensive at the same time. :unsure:

Its took a while to get to this stage maybe its just seems to be getting real now arrghh, and nervous about medicals

I'm a bit concerned though that you haven't mentioned funds to get you settled and into long term accommodation after you arrive though I realise you may well already have adequate separate funds to cover these expenses.

I'm a bit concerned though that you haven't mentioned funds to get you settled and into long term accommodation after you arrive though I realise you may well already have adequate separate funds to cover these expenses.

Thanks for ur reply, it just clarifies and makes things clearer for me :-)

My query just about the process and time scales for payment and can only do one bit a a time - I have already got an idea of how much we will need to set up and of course be looking at saving for that too but first things first doing and passing medicals and getting the visa :-) might get rejected - never know until them medicals are passed x

Then have a year to sort the exiciting stuff :-)

Archived