student visa question - about to graduate and get another visa

Aprince

Well ive been on a student visa for nearly two years and i graduate in dec. However, my student visa expires in mar 2015 and im unclear on what im allowed to do. Im married to an Australian and we will be applying for the partner visa in DEC/JAN and apparently after my student visa expires in mar 2015 ill be transition to a bridging visa until my application is reviewed and processed.

What im unclear of is the time between lodging the partner visa and mar 2015. Do i have to enroll in another course to keep my student visa in good standings? Thanks in advance

Your Student visa expires on March 15 because that is the standard expiry date for Student visas granted for courses of over 10 months duration that finish at the end of the Australian academic year. There is no requirement for you to enrol in another course to cover the period between December and March 15 and because your course will no longer be in session, you can work full time during that period. Then of course, your Bridging visa will take effect and will also allow you to work full time.

Your Student visa expires on March 15 because that is the standard expiry date for Student visas granted for courses of over 10 months duration that finish at the end of the Australian academic year. There is no requirement for you to enrol in another course to cover the period between December and March 15 and because your course will no longer be in session, you can work full time during that period. Then of course, your Bridging visa will take effect and will also allow you to work full time.

thanks.. i actually just found out what you just said after googling for an hour and was going to reply if anyone else wondered..

i didnt see that i could work full time during that period.. that is good to know thanks again.

Archived