EOI help re: work experience

Captain Roberto

I have worked for the same employer since October 2003, different jobs within the same occupation. I have only worked 3.5 years above 20 hours per week and 6 months of this was Mat leave (leaving only 29 months of work >20hours)

This was because we always had a preschool kid at home, and there is maternity leave in there.

I don't want to claim points for work experience as I can't prove I have met the requirements specified (>20 hours per week for over 3 years). Do I leave the employment part blank or tick employment details not correct on next page of EOI?

ANMAC assessed my skills as average of 22 hours from Oct 2003-May 2014 but I have read this doesn't guarantee DIAC will approve the same. Don't want to take any risks of having application rejected on grounds that I can't prove work experience.

Does anyone have any practical and specific advice on how to do this right on our EOI?

We have enough points based on age, qualifications and IELTS score.

Thanks very much

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Matthewroberts

As far as I understand it you can select 'not relevant' when completing the employment details. Doing this means that points won't be added for the work experience. There are a few discussions about this on the forum if you do a search. I have recently submitted my EOI and I have input work experience as 'not relevant' for employment that I was not 100% sure that I could claim points for (eg mat leave) so that I did not over-claim on points for work experience.

Hope this helps!

That's good to know as I wasn't sure when it would come in! I logged onto skillselect to check the status I didn't realise an email was issued also. I submitted my EOI on 28th but because Accountants are being issued invitations on a pro rata basis I wasn't really expecting an invitation yet, I am hoping for one on 22nd Sept but I know I could be waiting longer...

Good luck with your visa application!

• 1 month later...
I have worked for the same employer since October 2003, different jobs within the same occupation. I have only worked 3.5 years above 20 hours per week and 6 months of this was Mat leave (leaving only 29 months of work >20hours)

This was because we always had a preschool kid at home, and there is maternity leave in there.

I don't want to claim points for work experience as I can't prove I have met the requirements specified (>20 hours per week for over 3 years). Do I leave the employment part blank or tick employment details not correct on next page of EOI?

ANMAC assessed my skills as average of 22 hours from Oct 2003-May 2014 but I have read this doesn't guarantee DIAC will approve the same. Don't want to take any risks of having application rejected on grounds that I can't prove work experience.

Does anyone have any practical and specific advice on how to do this right on our EOI?

We have enough points based on age, qualifications and IELTS score.

Thanks very much

You state ANMAC assessed your skills at 22 hours. How do they work this out as I never told them I have a bank contract so regularly work 48-56 hours per week. Just wondering as this might cover my 7 months Mat leave !!??

Archived