Rental Scammer - BEWARE

Mark 1234

Just a heads up POIers. Some dubious character is advertising false properties on many of the top real estate sites. He is using screen grabs from legitimate agencies so the advert looks kosher. The only difference is he says not to contact through the website but to email directly at rentalenquiry2@gmail.com

I did this yesterday, and he replied immediately asking for personal details and a photograph. Obviously the next stage would be asking for a bond to secure the property, because he is conveniently out of the country, and he will post the keys (which would never arrive).

He is advertising cheap properties throughout Australia, although some sites have removed his phoney ads today.

Just saying...

Guest The Pom Queen

Was this on gumtree as it's a regular scam on there? One thing I like about the forum is that we have some idea who the members are. I'm so glad you realised before parting with any money.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Mark

This happened to me today and I couldn't believe his WOW kindness !

So I contacted realestate.com.au and uniqueestates.com.au to check his status ,, as the advertisment was for hours only ,,,, also Unique Estates only sells real estates not renting !!

I didn't get their reply yet ,,, but I checked rentalenquiry2@gmail.com in goole and found hundreds of fake advertisements! in Australia and other languages using his second email :

kheinzbarthelmes@gmail.com

I think many people were fallen in his traps !

I'll try to report this scam and hope the police will catch him ,,, I'm outside Australia,, I don't if this will work ,,, I hope u do this also using http://www.acma.gov.au

Also, as he asks about many details plus to your photo !!!

I think it is not about money only!! as he will send the key to check his apartment!!

Regards

Mona

Archived