Which are the Best State Primary Schools on the Gold Coast

Jane T

Hi can anyone tell me which is the best state primary schools on the Gold Coast please.

And which is the best areas for families?

We have two sons aged 8 & 11 & we will be moving from Toowoomba to the Gold coast late November.

We moved over from the Uk last year and have loved living in Toowoomba , it is great for families and found the Glenvale state primary school was an excellent choice.

However due to my husbands job been relocated to south of Brisbane we have decided to move to the Gold Coast.

We would appreciate any advice on the best areas for families. We were thinking of the labrador, biggera waters area. As these are on the north side of the Gold Coast. But we are open to any advice as we want to get this move right and don't want to keep moving the boys around.

Jane

Varsity Lakes is a brilliant state school, goes prep to Gr 12 so no changing for high school. Labrador and Biggera Waters are not really northern Gold Coast more central GC. Northern is more Helensvale, Coomera, Ormeau, Pimpama areas. There are a couple of thread on here relating to this so maybe try schools on the Gold Coast in the search box and see what comes up.

There are a lot of great schools especially at the northern end. Just remember your child will one day go to High school unless the primary goes all the way through, so if you buy a house make sure it is in the catchment for a good high school. Upper Coomera State College goes from Prep to Gr 12 but not a school I would recommend.

There is Coomera Rivers and Coomera Springs State schools both good schools, also there is a brand new Pimpama State Primary opening next year and it is opposite the new Pimpama State High school. Helensvale High is starting to make a good name for its self as well as the primary School.

Archived