Ielts at Manchester today :-/

shelz

Still recovering from the Ielts assessments at Manchester today, was really surprised how many people were there. I think i might of made a couple of errors in the listening and reading but hopefully won't affect the results too much. The second part of the writing test was difficult to plan out property so think i will lose marks on the structure or flow of the essay - fingers crossed - waiting for 13 days now, I need 7's.

Cant believe how anxious I was for the assessments - was absolutely dreading it. Hope I did enough so I don't need to repeat it!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! Just wondering if it was you I met at manchester for ielts the 16th aug? Did you get the band 7 you needed?

OMG - I didn't even realise results were out! I thought they were out on the 3rd September!

I just had a look and I passed!

Overall - 8.5 (listening 8.5; reading 9; writing 8; speaking 9) Woohoo!

How did you do?? I met a couple of people on the Ielts day, did I speak with you in the morning before the exam or did I have lunch with you? Hope you did okay??? Let us know x :-) What band did you need??? x

Yay well done, you done fab!! Yep I passed needed band 8 and got all 8s speaking 8.5 was adiment id have to re sit so chuffed to bits as it was my second go. And I had that stupid culture question which threw me but ended up doing better than last time yippee.

I was the pregnant one you had lunch with x x

Whats next for you now then x

Yay well done, you done fab!! Yep I passed needed band 8 and got all 8s speaking 8.5 was adiment id have to re sit so chuffed to bits as it was my second go. And I had that stupid culture question which threw me but ended up doing better than last time yippee.

I was the pregnant one you had lunch with x x

Whats next for you now then x

Hi sorry for the delay; I'm so pleased you passed; I think the question you got for your speaking test was horrid - but very pleased you got your 8's that you needed!

For me now it's a matter of saving up for the visa costs for the family and hopefully passing the medicals - which i'm really anxious about - but we looking hopefully to have saved up enough by Dec/Jan time to put in expression of interest. We are also in process of sorting jobs out on the house so we can let it out, so expecting rather large electrical and central heating engineer bills :-(

Whats for you now? Is it time to relax and put your feet up yet?

Hi, ahr dont worry so much about the medicals youll be fine, everything about the visa process turns us all into nervous wrecks im sure of it

Well just when thought yes im done skills assesment in, ielts passed I got an email from vetasses requesting more evidence which I have 28 days in which they need to recive it otherwise they close our case and have to re-apply, so pressures back on lol. It would of been so easy had I still been in work but being on maternity its not the case, so been in for a day today to try sort everything out and think iv managed to do most of what they asked for. I swear I dont know what else they could want after this.

Anyhow keep us informed about where your up to with things and hope the house and saving goes ok xx

Archived