Wynnum schools

KellyO

Hi all

I am moving to Brisbane on the 14th June with my husband and 3 children aged 13, 9 and 6. We are initially staying with a family member in Wynnum for 12 weeks whilst we decide which area we like and look for rentals (thinking Cleveland). I have a job at Royal Children's Hospital. I am wondering what the state schools are like in Wynnum as I need to send the children to a temporary school whilst residing there? Anybody have any advice?

Hi my kids, 10 & 7 have been at wynnum west state school for about 2 week really happy with the school, but like all state schools it does cost to get them started. School uniform 2 T-shirts, 2 shorts, 1 jumper and 1 hat for each child $230 ish book list $150 ish each so a temp school could cost if you then move them and have to pay out again

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hoffer

St John Vianneys in Manly is a great primary school for the 6 year old. May be difficult to get in unless your catholic though.

Manly State primary is also very good supposedly. We are only down the road from Wynnum so if we can help let us know

Archived