Pension puzzle

Sids Dad

I have just received my paperwork to claim my UK aged pension as I will be sixty five in June. I have read through it and cannot decide if my wife, who is already receiving a small pension in her own right, will qualify to receive 60% of my pension instead of her small one?

we paid money 7 years ago to pay some NI to boost her pension from a few quid a week to 900+ every 13 weeks.

if she can claim from my contributions how is this done or does she just continue to receive her small pension and I receive mine?

i would be grateful for anyone who has had any experience or has knowledge of how this works.

I believe that we have separate pensions. My oh was older than me and accessed his pension at 65 and I did not get part of it. I now get my own pension from the UK. We also paid money into the pension prior to him getting his pension. You can phone them and discuss but its not as easy as it used to be as they have us on hold which is not good.

I have just received my paperwork to claim my UK aged pension as I will be sixty five in June. I have read through it and cannot decide if my wife, who is already receiving a small pension in her own right, will qualify to receive 60% of my pension instead of her small one?

we paid money 7 years ago to pay some NI to boost her pension from a few quid a week to 900+ every 13 weeks.

if she can claim from my contributions how is this done or does she just continue to receive her small pension and I receive mine?

i would be grateful for anyone who has had any experience or has knowledge of how this works.

Hello

It sounds as though she should qualify for 60% of your benefits (if this is more than she is currently receiving).

See http://www.ageuk.org.uk/Documents/EN-GB/Factsheets/FS19_State_Pension_fcs.pdf?dtrk=true page 8 & 9, should answer your queries.

Regards

Andy

Archived