AME/Aeronautical Engineer 189 visa

LeeWilliams

hopefully another aircraft engineer will pick this up or someone who had a similar situation.

i've been reading many posts of peoples occupations coming off the SOL so have opted to go for a similar occupation of the SOL.

i'm an AME and had sent off my docs for a skills assessment early last year when my occupation was on the SOL. unfortunately when my assessment returned to me my occupation had been bumped onto the CSOL. i have recently been looking at SS but only the NT are sponsoring AMEs (beggars cant be choosers) but i would prefer to in QLD, near family.

As an AME i am technically an aeronautical engineer as i maintain aircraft. but under the skillselect website description it says the occupation has a skill level equivalent to a degree. I never went to uni so of course dont have a degree. i do however have a diploma and 7 years of on the job training/experience. does anyone know if this would suffice? would dread sending another 600 pounds to be unsuccessfully due to qualifications.

any AMEs, Aeronautical Engineer or anyone else of knowledge in this area have an input? any and all informattion would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Lee

If it says degree level then I'd guess they're looking for a proper engineer. Being an AME wouldn't make you an aeronautical engineer any more than a brickie would be classed as a civil engineer so I don't think it would be worth taking the risk on losing money

Archived