Pensions

Chips86

thanks Notts

I am at present in the NHS pensions scheme (old scheme), due to move to adelaide in 7-9 months, i would like to know whether the NHS pension can be transferred to a pension scheme in Oz, as far as i know the pension schemes in Oz are private, any good, reliable, solid and safe scheme avilable.

Hi Chips86

It is possible to transfer an NHS Scheme to Oz subject to adhering to some very stringent rules.

However the NHS Scheme is very different to how Superannuation Scheme in Australian work and so you should look to take advice in relation to whether this may or may not be the right move for you.

I generally suggest that people should wait until they have settled in Australia and have a firm intention to remain before embarking on transferring/taking transfer advice.

Regards

Andy

Hi Chips86

It is possible to transfer an NHS Scheme to Oz subject to adhering to some very stringent rules.

However the NHS Scheme is very different to how Superannuation Scheme in Australian work and so you should look to take advice in relation to whether this may or may not be the right move for you.

I generally suggest that people should wait until they have settled in Australia and have a firm intention to remain before embarking on transferring/taking transfer advice.

Regards

Andy

thanks andy

Guest LeeMilligan123

You might need to give a bit of more details about what you'd like to learn in order to get a good reply with everybody.

Archived