Visa 186 - Training benchmarks question

falpat

I’m thinking forward a bit and trying to ensure the company I work for meets the training benchmarks for when I go for the 186 via the Transition Stream.

The company is really small and when we did the 457 visa we were advised that only Australian residents and Australian citizens were able to have the training. We were also told the directors weren’t able to do the training. This meant that only 1 person in our company was able to do the training.

Now that I’m looking into it for the 186 I can’t see anywhere that it specifies that directors can’t do training. I’ve found some places where it says Australian residents and Australian citizens must do the training, but that’s usually in documents relating to the 457.

Does anyone have any clarification or immi links that give more details?

Thanks!

The training benchmarks are the same for both 457 & 186 visa's. The training must be formal and structured and broadly relevant to the roles of the participants. 40% of the cost can be applied to Directors who are Australian citizens or permanent residents and 60% to staff who have citizenship & pr. The benchmark is 1% of the gross payroll of the sponsoring entity in the 12 months prior to lodging the sponsorship application.

It takes less than 1 hour to obtain Benchmark B documents.

Guest Guest41797
I’m thinking forward a bit and trying to ensure the company I work for meets the training benchmarks for when I go for the 186 via the Transition Stream.

The company is really small and when we did the 457 visa we were advised that only Australian residents and Australian citizens were able to have the training. We were also told the directors weren’t able to do the training. This meant that only 1 person in our company was able to do the training.

Now that I’m looking into it for the 186 I can’t see anywhere that it specifies that directors can’t do training. I’ve found some places where it says Australian residents and Australian citizens must do the training, but that’s usually in documents relating to the 457.

Does anyone have any clarification or immi links that give more details?

Thanks!

hii

you can pay 2% to the TAFE Sydney. I am also working in small company any my boss paying 2% there. Thats aprox $1500. Thats easy and fast process.

If you want link tell me or google it

regards

Thanks. We have enough time to do the training, but we just want to make sure we do it right. They will be reluctant to pay 2% to the TAFE, if they can pay 1% towards training.

Do you have a link to any information about the 40%/60% ratio of directors? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Also what do you mean by it takes less than an hour to get the documents??

And do you know if training can go towards people who are contractors or work part time? We have a bookkeeper, but she only works around 1 day a fortnight.

Thanks!!

Archived