Day Care nurseries in Haberfield, Earlwood, Five Dock and Croyden.

Happiness123

Hi,

We are emigrating to Sydney in August and I'm currently looking at nurseries for my 10 month old (who will be 16 months when we move). I know that day care facilities in Sydney, much like in the UK, tend to have long waiting lists ( especially if they are popular), as we lived in Sydney a few years ago. We're planning to move to a different area to where we lived before, so I'm not familiar with the suburbs named above. Can anyone recommend good day care nurseries. Many Thanks

From a visiting therapist's point of view (rather than from a parent's point of view), I think Garfield Children's Centre in Five Dock is excellent. The director is very capable and caring, and all the staff interactions with children that I've observed have been great. I suppose the only draw back is that whilst there's a nice enough outside space, there isn't a massive amount of green space for the kids to charge around in, but you'd have to go to suburbs further out for that.

Thank you Naomi and The Pom Queen, i'll have a look at the website and the nursery in Five Dock. I'm trying to plan as much as I can in advance even though we don't know exactly where we'll living ( as mentioned above we have a few suburbs in mind). My hubby is going a month earlier to sort out the big stuff i.e school, house and car.

Archived