Spark with 60 points. Visa timeline

Alanlisa

Hi can anyone give me a rough guesstimate on how long each part takes. From vetassess paper assessment to practical test and how long did u have to wait b4 u were invited to apply for the visa :-)

We first contacted vetassess in September and all the paperwork and practical done by mid December that's with receiving the certificate too. We are submitting EOI this week. This was for diesel mechanic.

Hope that helps x

3 months doesn't sound too bad. I thought it would be that just to hear if u had passed the 1st paper assessment ;-)

No it was completely straight forward and quick, we needed passport, certificates, work references and payslips and I got our local pharmacist to sign all the copies. (Showed him the originals too) that was all fine then the link came up on the system to book practical or a technical interview over skype. We opted for tech interview which meant hubby had to go to a place in London and have an interview over skype with someone on the trade from Melbourne and that was that. We had booked his IELTS too so he practiced loads at home which paid off cos he got the scores needed first time. Def practice practice practice if you need to do IELTS

3 months doesn't sound too bad. I thought it would be that just to hear if u had passed the 1st paper assessment ;-)

hello we got our practical assessment date 3 weeks after putting all the paper work forward to vetasses. We have to go down to London other wise it would have been a big wait. Please see my signature below to see how long everything else too. We didn't have any problem so ours went thought quite fast.

When it comes to putting in your EOI it could take a bit longer as they only issue invitations twice a month been the 1st and 3rd Monday.

Once we lodged our visa we filled and sent off our forms for the police checks and booked in for our medicals as this speeds things up.

hope this helps

zoiphia

He does need ielts but he's applying as a spark so think his has to be practical

Yeah if my hubby had to do practical it was a case of waiting for a day where they have several applicants to go along to a venue for a day either in London or I think they said Manchester. Order an IELTS book from amazon it's much cheaper than shops. You can get a used one. Good luck

hello we got our practical assessment date 3 weeks after putting all the paper work forward to vetasses. We have to go down to London other wise it would have been a big wait. Please see my signature below to see how long everything else too. We didn't have any problem so ours went thought quite fast.

When it comes to putting in your EOI it could take a bit longer as they only issue invitations twice a month been the 1st and 3rd Monday.

Once we lodged our visa we filled and sent off our forms for the police checks and booked in for our medicals as this speeds things up.

hope this helps

zoiphia

I think invitations are now 2nd and 4th mon of each month xx

It would be the 190 bcoz we need the 5 extra points! Unless he sails through his ielts and gets 8's across the board ;-)

Ok well a 190 has a much longer waiting time because 189 taake priority so it would work out better if he could get 8's on his IELT.

x

yes that's correct but the next stage once you have lodge you visa its that part that takes longer waiting for you CO

Hi ya, we are applying for a 189. I sorted out all the skills assessment myself and booked IELTS but now we have an agent who is checking our EOI before submitting it. I'm now thinking I prob should of just done it myself but was worried in case I messed something up. Zoiphia..... My agent told me from submitting EOI to getting an invite to apply could take upto a year on a 189! Yet everyone's timelines are much faster than that. I posted on PIO asking for advice and the general opinion was that the agent was just being conservative as to not disappoint etc, and that we should get the invite within a couple of months what's your thoughts? Cheers

Hi ya, we are applying for a 189. I sorted out all the skills assessment myself and booked IELTS but now we have an agent who is checking our EOI before submitting it. I'm now thinking I prob should of just done it myself but was worried in case I messed something up. Zoiphia..... My agent told me from submitting EOI to getting an invite to apply could take upto a year on a 189! Yet everyone's timelines are much faster than that. I posted on PIO asking for advice and the general opinion was that the agent was just being conservative as to not disappoint etc, and that we should get the invite within a couple of months what's your thoughts? Cheers

Well we used an agent (Visa Bureau £2500 a little more expensive than others but had the best reviews) too as we both work full time didn't really have time to sort things out, also my husband wanted to get back to oz ASAP and doing it on your own takes longer due to having less knowledge.

Like you said the others have said the reason they say this is to avoid disappointment.

My agent told me that it would take up to 20 weeks to get my EOI back but it took six days.

she also told me that it would take up to 12 weeks to get a CO once i had lodged my visa but it only took 4 weeks.

Depending on how much of a rush you are in i would say to do you police and medical a couple of weeks after the visa has been lodged as this will speed things up by about 4 weeks. Our agent told us to wait until we have a CO in place because you have to enter Australia within 12 months of your medicals or police checks date which ever comes first, not the day your visa is granted.But after i explained that we where leaving as soon as pos she let us book our medicals and send off our police checks.

Hope this helps.

where are you from in the UK if you are near me i can send you some info on where we had our medicals

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx That is the web address for that documents that you need for your police checks.

Well we used an agent (Visa Bureau £2500 a little more expensive than others but had the best reviews) too as we both work full time didn't really have time to sort things out, also my husband wanted to get back to oz ASAP and doing it on your own takes longer due to having less knowledge.

Like you said the others have said the reason they say this is to avoid disappointment.

My agent told me that it would take up to 20 weeks to get my EOI back but it took six days.

she also told me that it would take up to 12 weeks to get a CO once i had lodged my visa but it only took 4 weeks.

Depending on how much of a rush you are in i would say to do you police and medical a couple of weeks after the visa has been lodged as this will speed things up by about 4 weeks. Our agent told us to wait until we have a CO in place because you have to enter Australia within 12 months of your medicals or police checks date which ever comes first, not the day your visa is granted.But after i explained that we where leaving as soon as pos she let us book our medicals and send off our police checks.

Hope this helps.

where are you from in the UK if you are near me i can send you some info on where we had our medicals

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx That is the web address for that documents that you need for your police checks.

i have just look on your profile to see where you live you well be able to go to the same hospital we went to http://www.bridgewaterhospital.com/treatments/medmigration.html The service was great and they where very nice and professional

x

Funnily enough I was looking at that site yesterday. We're in too much of a rush at all as I want to make sure we have saved enough to live on for a few months bcoz we want to keep our house over here just in case anything goes wrong :-(

Funnily enough I was looking at that site yesterday. We're in too much of a rush at all as I want to make sure we have saved enough to live on for a few months bcoz we want to keep our house over here just in case anything goes wrong :-(

where about are you moving to? have you been to Australia before? i was in the same boat as you back in 2011 so we went on a working holiday visa to make sure that we wanted to make the permanent move. Maybe you should try that first?

We're too old for a whv :-(

We've never been either. Must be bloody mad!

haha you will love it. my only advise would be to live where you think is right not somewhere where you have family or friends. me and my husband traveled around most of the coast of Australia apart from the northern territory as there inst much up there, and we are moving to Perth as we found the weather to be much nice, warm but not humid.it is also very up and coming so thing are much newer.

x

Archived