Melbourne where everyone staying and plan?

jwe94

I'll be landing on the 22nd and will be staying with family in diamond creek in Melbourne. I was just wondering where everyone els is staying and what you're plans are. Mine is stay with family for a few weeks then move on where's best to move on to and where best for jobs. I would like to meet up with other people and travel and find jobs with them if anyone up for it.

Hello,

Where are you from?

We are a couple from the UK in the first week of our working holiday visa in Melbourne and we are booked into Space Hotel on Russell Street. We are currently looking for a house share in the Richmond area cause it's so much cheaper than staying in Melbourne CBD. Our plan is to find some regional work in Victoria and go from there really :) Do you have any plans for jobs or are you just going with the flow?

Tom & Naomi

I'm going to look for a house share too cheaper than hotel/hostel. For a job I'm looking for kitchen work as I'm a chef over here in the uk. Hopefully my plan is work 4-5month and then spend rest back pack and exploring oz. would also like to meet new people when I'm over here. What jobs you two looking for. Is I can't find kitchen job then I'll go with the flow. I want to do regional work too so then I'll have the option for the second WHV. I'm only 19 too so will be a great experience.

Jack

Ah cool, seen quite a lot of posts for chefs and kitchen hands so you should be alright. Plenty of restaurants/cafes in Melbourne! We are looking for some regional work at the moment. Doesn't seem to be too much going when compared to Queensland and New South Wales but I'm sure we will find something. Going to give some labour offices a ring today and see if they have any jobs available. Yeah will defo be a great experience! Got my 19 year old brother flying out to start his WHV sometime in April, which will be cool. Ahh no way man, where abouts? I just finished my uni degree at Bangor University :P

Archived