Lng Project

astute

I guess your talking about the Curtis Island LNG at Glastone?

Hi The reason why I'm asking offered work with NUPARC it was for 6 months work and possible longer I will be sixty next year not sure weather this will go against me. What tax do you pay and at what rate also where is the best place to stop I have been told open up an oz bank account as well.

So are you in Australia already? Or UK.

Tax will depend on how much you earn.

Are they going to sort you a place to stay when you first arrive? That is usually the case, especially if your not from these parts.

They have worker accomadation over on the Curtis Island so if you can get that sorted it would be easier.

Im not sure about the age thing, I know Curtis have staffing issues and hard to get many skilled Engineers if that's what you'll be doing? So age shouldn't be a problem, you may have to pass a medical, but you'll have to ask. My hubby had to complete a detailed medical for his job, although he doesn't work over on the LNG project.

you can open an ANZ account online.

Hi I'm a pipefitter the advert said that I would £5000 per month after tax, how long do you think I would get. Where I work there is at least another two people who have applied. One of them is a welder he is supposed to do a test this week, my main concern is how long we could get. I live in UK however I just recently come back from Adelaide from holiday.

Many Thanks

Ok so that's a bit more information. So I guess you'll just have to apply for the job like the others, i guess your age might effect the application, they seem to work long hard hours on the Island and the pressure is on... Great money though as you have noticed. I really can't help you any further but give me a shout if you get the job to see if I can help any further.

I wish you you the best of luck.

Archived