461 Processing Time

tommobonza

• 2 months later...

Hi just wondering how you are getting on with your application, im currently married to a kiwi and we live in the uk we have been married now for 6 months but been living "on going" 8 months but been together 3+ years travelling back and forth, we now want to move to oz and ive just printed the application and was wondering could you give me any hints and tips as we want to apply this coming july

thanks

janice

Hi Janice.

our daughter and I had our visa's granted last Tuesday (14/01/14)!! I can't believe it as we only sent the application off 1 week before!! We thought it was just a confirmation of receipt letter however when we opened it, there it was!!

We have put our house on the market and booked our flights to Brisbane at the end of March :-)

I think the main priority is at least 1 bill or letter with both your names on it for every month you have been living together. Also flight receipts for your travelling to see each other. Some good personal statements form friends (professionals) go a long way as well.

Good luck! Let me know if you want any more advice and i will try to help as best I can.

Hi This is great news for you congrats!! I am even excited for you ha...I can believe within a week of sending your application you have been approved! thats amazing news.

I hope you dont mind if i pick your brain a bit.

firstly is your other half in Australia ( i take it) is he employed already reason i am asking is we want to know can we just go together or is it better for my application if he is out there already working?

Since my husband has been in uk from last july he was unable to work as it was a long process sorting his visa then his ni number which allows him to work so those documents you said regarding joint accounts we havent changed from my name as it seemed because he couldnt work at the time he couldnt pay for anything i know silly i should just stick his name on stuff but does his bank account support as a doc as well as doctors medical cards as all that is registered at this address. Maybe i should try change some stuff now as a joint ..? ie rates bill house insurance etc, electric and gas bills are all pay as you go so we dont get a bill.

Also now you have been accepted what is your time limit on moving do they give you a year or 6 months? its just also i will have to sell my home.

Thanks for helping out with these questions

Much appreciated

Janice

Archived