Which medical health insurance?

cathy99

Hi

My husband has been offered a job in sydney, which he is due to start at the beginning of Feb 2014 on a 457. We have just had the list of documents that we need to send to the MA and it also stated that on a 457 we must have medical insurance, which we were aware of. I just wondered if anyone could recommend a cheap one as their recommendation was bupa and the quote came out at $47 a week! which seemed a bit pricey to me! Many thanks x

Hi

I just wondered if anyone could recommend a cheap one as their recommendation was bupa and the quote came out at $47 a week! which seemed a bit pricey to me! Many thanks x

Hi Cathy,

Bupa is really a good option but still you think it is pricey then you can go for NIB or other private medical insurance which cover all your medical expenses.

All the very best with the move. I don't wish to sound all doom and gloom but this morning I have read about a climber in New Zealand whose medical insurance was voided because in the small print it said that they wouldn't pay out because he hadn't been resident in the UK, where he was from and where he took the policy out, for the previous 6 months. It sounds ridiculous but a lot of insurance firms will try and wriggle out of claims if they can. Having literally just read this I thought I should pass the info on. Good luck with everything.

Chall.

Archived