health cover for a 457 visa

amylou241

• 2 weeks later...

You need to have some health insurance for when you travel to here, and land. Sometimes, the visa has "condition 8501" on it, which means maintain adequate medical insurance whilst you are here.

Payout can register with Medicare, just check it covers you. And depending on your personal circumstances, will depend on what sort of cover you want.

I took travel insurance for two months, then went with Medicare, and IMAN, on their most basic form of 457 cover. They will transfer to their parent company, with no fresh underwriting, if you become a PR.

I get the sense here that insurance companies are better than in the UK, because they have not suffered from the plague of fraudulent claims, and these ambulance chasing lawyers you see in the UK.

I would actually ring up one of the companies, they actually talk sense, and don't try to flog you stuff you do not need. IMAN actually contacted me to tell me that I should have had a lower premium, and, they offered to either refund the overpayment, or deduct it from future premiums.

double check what Medicare cover.

good luck