Taking your car to the racetrack (Victoria)

Jlew

I'm a bit of a car nut and will bringing my classc out with us to Melbourne when we head out next year (it may follow afterwards depending on cost). There look to be a number of racetracks within a reasonable distance and just wondering if track days are as popular in victoria as they are in the UK? Anyone been? Are they held quite often? What sort of prices?

thanks, Jamie

Im not into the track day scene myself, but its very big as far as I know.

When I was riding a motorbike, a lot of the guys I knew loved going to Philip Island for the track days.

Winton is another place that does them. checked their site, and they have test & tune days every week,

Heres a google link to track days in Melbourne

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=track+days+melbourne

As you can see, plenty of choice.

• 1 month later...
I'm a bit of a car nut and will bringing my classc out with us to Melbourne when we head out next year (it may follow afterwards depending on cost). There look to be a number of racetracks within a reasonable distance and just wondering if track days are as popular in victoria as they are in the UK? Anyone been? Are they held quite often? What sort of prices?

thanks, Jamie

Hi Jlew,

What type of classic car are you looking to bring out? I am a member of the Lotus Club in Victoria and they are part of the Marque Sports Car Association. The MSCA run sprint days around Victoria about 10 times a year, its generally only expensive if you hit something!

They run sprints at Phillip Island raceway, Sandown Park, Winton and Haunted Hills or even DECRA. They also have Healies, Triumphs, Datsuns, MG's, TVR's (mine are Lotus and TVR). I think its in the $200-$300 range for the day.

Also when you get to applying for the Import Approval for your car, let me know, I can advise which is the best import approval depending on the age of your car or what other cars you might be bringing to Australia.

Regards, Blake A.

• 1 month later...
Im not into the track day scene myself, but its very big as far as I know.

When I was riding a motorbike, a lot of the guys I knew loved going to Philip Island for the track days.

Winton is another place that does them. checked their site, and they have test & tune days every week,

Heres a google link to track days in Melbourne

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=track+days+melbourne

As you can see, plenty of choice.

thats great, thank you!

Hi Jlew,

What type of classic car are you looking to bring out? I am a member of the Lotus Club in Victoria and they are part of the Marque Sports Car Association. The MSCA run sprint days around Victoria about 10 times a year, its generally only expensive if you hit something!

They run sprints at Phillip Island raceway, Sandown Park, Winton and Haunted Hills or even DECRA. They also have Healies, Triumphs, Datsuns, MG's, TVR's (mine are Lotus and TVR). I think its in the $200-$300 range for the day.

Also when you get to applying for the Import Approval for your car, let me know, I can advise which is the best import approval depending on the age of your car or what other cars you might be bringing to Australia.

Regards, Blake A.

thats great, than you! mine is an 1989 Porsche 911, one of the last of the 3.2 Carerras before the 964 hit the roads. Pricing sounds pretty reasonable which is good.

Thanks for the offer re the import approval. I'll drop you a line nearer the time.