Fish and chips in Gold Coast

Wooba

Slowly the wife and I are hitting places to try fish and chips. Always looking for recommendations of new places to try.

Here's where we've been so far.

Charlie De Cod - Southport. Decent, but not mind blowing.

Peter's Market - Main Beach. Good, but over-rated. I've been a couple of times and I think the chips and fish are both above average but neither are amazing enough to justify the queues there.

Surfers Paradise Surf Life Saving club - Right in the heart of Surfer Paradise. They have a $10 special which is absolutely amazing. It's small, but both the chips and the fish are some of the best I've had. Been 3 times already.

The Surfers Beach Cafe. Right next door to the Surf Life Saving club. They have a $5 fish and chips. It's pretty average but for $5 you can't complain. I'd still rather spend the extra $5 and go next door.

Charis Seafood Market - Labrador. We live near here and we've been several times for fresh fish. Excellent for that. We had fish and chips and were both disappointed. The fish was greasy beyond belief and very bland. The chips were decent but far from the best.

The Hangi Pit - Oxenford. Outstanding. The chips were good, but not as good as the Surf Life Saving club. The fish was better though and MUCH bigger.

Mudgeeraba Fish Bowl - Mudgeeraba. Pretty good. Above average for me, but my wife was in heaven because they serve cod with the skin still on it.

Not in Gold Coast, but we went to the Indian Restaurant close to Brisbane that was on "Poms in Paradise" - owned by a British couple and I had the fish and chips there. They were outstanding.

Last fish and chips I had was at Vikings surf club in currumbin. Can't remember how good it was but the view is awesome.

Best fish n chips in Brisbane for me right now is clayfield seafood market.