Advice needed re suburbs near Pakenham!

Southchick

Guest The Pom Queen
We are in Lyndhurst and the amount of development in the area (Lyndhurst, Cranbourne, Clyde) over the past few years has changed the feel of the area dramatically. We are lucky enough to be walking distance to a primary school, great selection of restaurants, take aways, shops including two supermarkets, train station and have just got a bus route. In our estate it is very nice, we have parks, waterways a residents club with a pool and gym and outside of peak hour traffic its generally a nice place to live. During peak hour we have a crazy amount of through traffic that cut through to avoid the westernport highway and thompsons road section, this makes getting out of the estate a lengthily process never mind getting abused by other drivers for not driving at 80 in a 50 zone. On paper the new developments are great and it depends on how important community is to you as you cant replicate the community feel of a town with shops and facilities, it takes time and the right people, IMO the new areas are a melting pot of cultures and attitudes that most people keep themselves to themselves unfortunately. If I could turn back the clock I would choose either Mornington Peninsula or somewhere like Belgrave, a lot more friendly and not as crowded as the outer suburbs.

We lived on Figtree Estate in Lyndhurst the first ever development. There was no train station and we were surrounded by fields. I remember when they started digging up the fields for the main Lyndhurst development we use to lay in the fields looking at the stars. They kept saying they would do a bridge over Thompson's Road but never did. It was terrible back then.

Hi Southchick,

Please can I ask which Kindie you have enrolled your son in as we are in the same boat and want to get Bella into a smaller one where the kids arent all off to school now.

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Ive pmd you my number so please call or text with any questions I may help with. My son at a fab Kindy I am really happy with it so Ill message you. Enjoy your sunday in Oz!