April 189 applications

Joanne Donnelly

Hi

I would not say I have used the forum much but think I will be now!

Myself and my partner had our visa granted (189 skilled independent) yesterday 18/08/2015! Applied in April 2015! :laugh:

We can't believe thats its finally happened and it was easier than I thought. i already had a skills assessment done from my time in oz before and with superior english results I was not required to do a job experience evidence part and that helped a lot!

We had a holiday and a wait for medicals in the June/July so I think we would have gotten it earlier, otherwise it was done and dusted once the last forms were uploaded within a matter of days.

I thought i would start the thread as i can see that people are anxious to see how long to takes and what happens with the process. I have enjoyed reading others stories so it may help.

We will have loads to now think about and we will have to sell our house and transfer money so anyone who has advice on that on large sums of cash that would be really helpful. We won't have loads of stuff as we will sell things but there will still be enough to need to be put in storage and shipped out at a later date to oz when we are ready for it so again any tips!?

We will be putting our backpacks on again on our way to oz! We have to do some travel if I am quitting my job and have th freedom and chance to do it again. We have only been bak in UK for 18 months after 2 1/2 years of travelling and we have itchy feet for sure but mostly want to start a new life in Oz. Being back does make you settle a bit that you forget about the great things about oz and why you want to go back the forum helps that!

I can offer advice on 189 if I can :cute:

Living the dream!

Hi

I would not say I have used the forum much but think I will be now!

Myself and my partner had our visa granted (189 skilled independent) yesterday 18/08/2015! Applied in April 2015! :laugh:

We can't believe thats its finally happened and it was easier than I thought. i already had a skills assessment done from my time in oz before and with superior english results I was not required to do a job experience evidence part and that helped a lot!

We had a holiday and a wait for medicals in the June/July so I think we would have gotten it earlier, otherwise it was done and dusted once the last forms were uploaded within a matter of days.

I thought i would start the thread as i can see that people are anxious to see how long to takes and what happens with the process. I have enjoyed reading others stories so it may help.

We will have loads to now think about and we will have to sell our house and transfer money so anyone who has advice on that on large sums of cash that would be really helpful. We won't have loads of stuff as we will sell things but there will still be enough to need to be put in storage and shipped out at a later date to oz when we are ready for it so again any tips!?

We will be putting our backpacks on again on our way to oz! We have to do some travel if I am quitting my job and have th freedom and chance to do it again. We have only been bak in UK for 18 months after 2 1/2 years of travelling and we have itchy feet for sure but mostly want to start a new life in Oz. Being back does make you settle a bit that you forget about the great things about oz and why you want to go back the forum helps that!

I can offer advice on 189 if I can :cute:

Living the dream!

Hi Joanne

I'm new to the forum and am in the early stages of applying for a 189 visa. I'm having my skills assessed currently and I'm going to need points for superior English. I've looked at the options and just wondered if you could advise which provider you used and how much work you put in to attain superior English. I think I'm right that as a UK resident I could choose IELTS general or the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic. I wondered whether you or anyone else seeing this had any views about which is thought to be the easiest/more straightforward? I don't fancy taking it much but has to be done :(

Thanks for any advice anyone may have about this.

Hi Joanne

I'm new to the forum and am in the early stages of applying for a 189 visa. I'm having my skills assessed currently and I'm going to need points for superior English. I've looked at the options and just wondered if you could advise which provider you used and how much work you put in to attain superior English. I think I'm right that as a UK resident I could choose IELTS general or the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic. I wondered whether you or anyone else seeing this had any views about which is thought to be the easiest/more straightforward? I don't fancy taking it much but has to be done :(

Thanks for any advice anyone may have about this.

Hi,

I did IELTS before PTE was approved so I can't vouch personally for PTE.

However, I have read only positive reviews for PTE and most say it's infinitely better than the outdated IELTS.

See this thread, it might help you make up your mind. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231707