RSMS visa please help!

ozfiona

Hi guys - I have a question regarding the RSMS visa and 457 visa. I've been to see two migration agents and have been told different things by each of them.

My situation in a nutshell - I have an employer willing to sponsor me in Perth. The job relates to my qualification (BA Hons degree) and I have more than 5 years post qualification in the field. So - as far as I'm aware I would qualify for the RSMS visa.

At the moment I'm on a Working Holiday Visa which expires in September, so I have approx 5 months to get sorted or get on a bridging visa.

Migration agent A advised to go for the RSMS visa (direct entry). She said I WOULD NOT need a skills assessment because my profession is ANZCO level 1 and I have a degree in it. She said I can go on to a bridging visa once my WHV expires. She advised not to go for the 457 when this option is open to me instead as my employer won't have to meet the training benchmark with the RSMS visa and of course, it's permanent.

Migration agent B said that I don't have enough time to organise an RSMS visa because I WOULD have to have a skills assessment. She said she wasn't sure if I could go on a bridging visa from WHV to RSMS and recommended that I go for 457 visa because RSMS will take too long and I could have to leave the country and re-enter etc.

From my own research, it looks to me like I don't need a skills assessment for direct entry RSMS, from what I can gather that only applies to ANZCO level 3 tradespeople.

I am desperate for some clarification on this and quite concerned that the migration agents are telling me opposite things :chatterbox:

I would really really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction here and recommend which visa is the best to go for - given my situation and timescale.

Thanks guys :)