Is it possible?

Guest Jem

Dear All,

Have just found this wonderful site and have already learnt much from reading the posts. Any advice on our situation would be greatly appreciated.

We have lived in France for 3½ years, renovating our property, living off our investments. We are now thinking of joining my brother, 20 years resident in Melbourne and an Aussie citizen who can sponser us if required.

My husband is a carpenter/joiner by trade. Does anyone know if the recent years of not working will be detrimental in having his skills approved?

The current plan is for husband to go visit brother for a few months and during that time, find an employer who will sponser him. Would that be a feasible way forward, bearing in mind the work gap?

Sorry if the questions seem very naive but we'd like to know if our dreams are founded on possibility.

Thanks in advance.

Jem.

Guest lotte

Hi,

I had to have work experience in my designated skill for 2 out of the 3 years directly prior to applying. My boyfriend had to have 12 months out of 18 months directly prior to applying. The length of work experience needed is related to whether your skill scores 50 or 60 points (I think!).We have Skilled Independent Regional Visas (granted 12th January) and we wouldn't have qualified if we did not have the relevant work experience. I think it is the same for the Skilled Independent Visa but I'm not sure about other ones.

Hope that is of some help!

• 1 month later...
Guest spiritguide

Hi,

I had to have work experience in my designated skill for 2 out of the 3 years directly prior to applying. My boyfriend had to have 12 months out of 18 months directly prior to applying. The length of work experience needed is related to whether your skill scores 50 or 60 points (I think!).We have Skilled Independent Regional Visas (granted 12th January) and we wouldn't have qualified if we did not have the relevant work experience. I think it is the same for the Skilled Independent Visa but I'm not sure about other ones.

Hope that is of some help!

Hi------------------All

HELP!!!!!!!!! Im in a similar situation i think, just had my assessment form results back from an emigration company.

i am timeserved metal fabricator which is on the ( MODL )with 11 years exp ( inc app`ship ) BUT for the last 6 years i have worked in the aerospace industry 5yrs as a materials controller/shop schedular and the last 14 months as a organisational methods analyst ( SOL )both jobs continuous employment with the same company.

I have city/guilds fab/weld, ONC in engineering, nvq2 marine eng, quals in my trade and several in house certificates for my current job.

The emigration co. told me i scored 135pts, BUT i cannot migrate under skilled migration unless i had a HNC, or HND in Engineering in my current occupation. An i paid £95 to find that out.

TOTALLY TOTALLY CONFUSED AND GUTTED.

After telling three friends in work who all HAVE Oz perm res visa`s they said that doesn`t sound right. They advised me to ring another 2 emigration agents.

The first one i rang immediately said BU*****T, thats not right and that i would be able to continue going for a perm res visa and pass. I must say he was very firm and adamant that i would pass the appraisal stage.

The 2nd one i rang the consultant i spoke to was an australian and he said exactly same that i would pass the assessment/appraisal and should sucessfully be granted a visa. ( I know there`s loads of uva stuff after that stage.

SO MY HEADS UP MY ARSE DON`T KNOW WHETHER MY DREAMS OVER OR WHAT SO TO SAY !

I willl defo fill in another appraisal form with one of these to companies as

there confident. But after scouring posts and reading on this amazing website an the net in general, my heads spinning with WHAT THE TRUTH IS.

Could anyone possibly clarify or help me from own experience or knowledge.....................Thanks

Guest spiritguide

hI

I forgot to add they emigration company who dealt with my assessment wanted me to go back fab/welding for twelve months.

Then re-apply and i would score 135pts and pass the assessment.

Thanks

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE..

Archived