NEED advice on EOI

Titan2

Hello Guys,

I need advice on EOI submission as I see a lot of well-informed participants on this forum. I have positive assessment from Engineers Australia and now I stand at 55 points

1. Age : 30
  2. Qualification : 15
  3. IELTS : 10

I will have 5 points for partner skills by the end of this month but I am curious if I should go ahead and fill EOI for 190 NSW. My occupation is on the SOL list 233411 as well as my spouse.

Would it be good idea to submit EOI for 190 and later change it to 189 once I have 60 points or I should simply wait till I have 60 points including partner skills. 190 or 189 does not really matter to me as long as I am invited to lodge visa application on time.

Thank you all!

Hello Guys,

I need advice on EOI submission as I see a lot of well-informed participants on this forum. I have positive assessment from Engineers Australia and now I stand at 55 points

1. Age : 30

2. Qualification : 15

3. IELTS : 10

I will have 5 points for partner skills by the end of this month but I am curious if I should go ahead and fill EOI for 190 NSW. My occupation is on the SOL list 233411 as well as my spouse.

Would it be good idea to submit EOI for 190 and later change it to 189 once I have 60 points or I should simply wait till I have 60 points including partner skills. 190 or 189 does not really matter to me as long as I am invited to lodge visa application on time.

Thank you all!

You can have multiple EOI's in the system for different visa subclasses, so you could go ahead and submit one for 190 and then once you have the minimum points for 189 then you can submit one for that too. Then just wait to see which one comes through first.

ALRIGHT CaptainC..Thanks for insight. How long does it usually take for 190 invitations as per your observations?I can see NSW is most generous towards 190 SS. Any idea about December rounds though?

Thanks again

190 aren't bound by defined invitation round days and can come at any time. The timeline of the state nomination depends on the state, how many points you have, and the occupation, so it can vary significantly with each application.

For 189 it is much simpler and I would say that with 60 points, you're probably looking at around 2 months before the invitation.

Hello, I have an EOI related doubt. I'm filing for 190 as I have 55 points. First, I have ACS assessment letter dated June 2014 and it is valid till June 2016. In Feb 2015 I switched company. Although I want be getting any points for employment, but while completing my application should I mention my exp till date with the new company which is not there on assessment letter. Or just till the time it is there in assessment letter.

Second, there is a question 'Would the client be prepared to live outside an Australian capital city?' for this I shall answer yes or No. I read that it doesn't matter as the 190 is not area specific rather state specific.

Thanks in Advance.