Can I start my 820 application before I do my health test?

looking4info

Hi there,

I have just registered on ImmiAccount and filled out 'my health declaration" I have been given my referral letter and HAP ID. I need to do the health check before making my 820 partner application as they need to send the results to immigration before I submit my application (which takes a few days from when I do the tests). I want to leave the tests as late as possible so I don't have to redo them if the application takes close to the 12 months to process but I also don't want to wait till the last minute to start my online application.

My question is this, can I pay the visa fee and begin the online application now and just wait to press submit when I have my health check done in a few weeks or can I not even begin the online application process until the health check is done?

I know that I could actually to the health check after the visa is submitted but I want to submit a ready to go application with everything together and also you cannot use 'my health declaration' unless you are doing the tests before the visa application is made.

Thanks in advance xx

Just giving this a bump for you and hopefully someone will be along to answer

Thanks a mill Pom Queen. I actually got my health check done yesterday as I found out from immigration that once the payment is made for the application it is considered to be submitted. it just seemed easier to go ahead and get the health check done so I can start my online application.

Are you applying onshore or off-shore?

I don't know the current answer to this question, but when I applied onshore a year ago, the department told me to wait on the health check for the reasons you stated (that it expires after 12 months). Processing times were sitting at 13-18 months when I applied (I've been waiting 13 months now and still haven't heard back).

The department contacted me last September to get my health check done (which, now that I think about it, might be expiring soon...)

If you're worried about it still, I would give them a call. I've called their helpline a few times and found them to be relatively helpful, though waiting times can be a bit ridiculous.