Northern Metropolitan Perth

Guest HannahYork

Guest HannahYork

Hi

I've been looking around the internet for ideas about working in Perth as a midwife and have come across Osbourne Park Hospital. Does anyone know what the northern metro area is like? Concerned I'll arrive only to discover it 's a million miles into the bush or something!? I'll be moving alone so will be like billy no mates when I arrive so will need somewhere sociable and young (I'll be 29ish). Oh, with plenty of sun, nice beachs and loads of out door space to run, swim and cycle, am I on the right lines by looking in this area?

Does anyone know this area or even better live there?

Thank you

Hannah

Guest bonefish13

Hi Hannah

Purely depends on what floats your boat really. Osbourne Park is one of those suburbs that you may love or hate. It could be looked upon as slightly too industrial for many people but is serviced well by road and rail links. Lake Monger is not to far from it. The lake itself is very nice and is always worth a visit for a stroll.

My wife had our second child at Osbourne Park hospital and we were both very very pleased with the facilities and staff.

This is only my opinion, but there are far nicer areas in and around Perth you could look at, depending on your budget and needs. If you want much more of a beach life then it may be a better idea to look further afield.

You say you are only 29ish, age doesn't really come into it. Throw yourself in at the deep end and get out there and join as many social events as you can. Its all to easy to hide away and wait for things to happen. However being in the profession you are I dare say you will soon find new friends and enjoy your time.

Just take one step at a time and appreciate the journey you are on.

Hope this helps

Tony.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RobRat

Hi Hannah

The hospital is not in osbourne park it is actually in Stirling near the council.

I used to live right across from the hospital. It is a lovely area and there would be homes for rent in the 380 to 500 a month range within walking distance. The ocean is only 5 mins drive.

If driving is not a problem you can live north it would take from 20 to 40 mins to get to work.

Google Earth is a good way to explore the area.

Send us a message if you need any more information.

Archived