ceilings fixer/stud partitions

Guest gardner

Guest gardner

Just wondering if their is much work in that area of construction voer in australia? i will ahve my nvq level 2 in a few months and fancy a change any help would be much appreciated :)

Guest kazmatt

hi gardner, they class this as fibrous plastering over here, plastering is split up into different trades, first someone who fixes the boards to the ceilings and walls, all the walls are metal or wooden stud work even the solid walls have studding in front of them, slightly different from the u.k. they have 6 metre long plasterboards, they weigh a ton, takes three to lift them without snapping them, they have a tapered edge and are screwed in the tapered part, with only one or two screws here or there to hold them up and an adhesive is used elsewhere, the second part is the tape and jointer who tapes up the joints and fills them out using special boxes, they are later sanded down, and the third the rendering, exterior work. there was plenty of work doing what you do, but is slowing down a little, good luck, matt.

Guest gardner

ok thank you very much mate it would be the 1st half i would be interested in doing. i will check back in a few months once i get my nvq around september time and see how things are looking then. thanks.

Archived