AHPRA- whats your experience?****

Guest lilmissp

i sent my application away mid jan 2012 however there was some issues with my uni transcript which didnt arive at AHPRA until mid march. my application was assessed and i was short of my NMC letter of good standing, i got that sent which took a month from me paying NMC until it arrived at AHPRA, since then i have called them twice and both times i have been told by the "advisors" that my application has been flagged up for assessment in the next 48hrs and i will hear from them in 72 hrs.............. still waiting. really anoyed by this. AHPRA appear to have "advisors" who only pay lip service to applicants and tell them anything to get them off the telephone. as governing bodies stand i am NOT impressed.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole process is pretty poor!!!!

What is it with the NMC taking a month? it's a standard letter that we pay 34 quid for! When I spoke with the NMC on Friday, as my application hadn't arrived, they said I would receive it within 10 days. I asked why so long...was it being sent from abroad?? I sorted it over the phone in the end but god knows how long it will take to get over to Australia!! I have by no way waited as long as some of you guys... but I could do with dropping a pill and waking up in a few weeks :-/

Luckily we have this site... we can all go mad together :-)

the whole process is pretty poor!!!!

What is it with the NMC taking a month? it's a standard letter that we pay 34 quid for! When I spoke with the NMC on Friday, as my application hadn't arrived, they said I would receive it within 10 days. I asked why so long...was it being sent from abroad?? I sorted it over the phone in the end but god knows how long it will take to get over to Australia!! I have by no way waited as long as some of you guys... but I could do with dropping a pill and waking up in a few weeks :-/

Luckily we have this site... we can all go mad together :-)

The NMC have guide lines about timescales. I have to say when I completed my request and sent it to them I rang them 2 days later to ask when it would be sent so I could track it and by a miracle that triggered their 48 hour process off.... The same with my uni transcript when I e-mailed it back to them I rang the manager to agree how long it would take and that i would collect it. ( and I did ha ha) ... I wonder how long it will take when I am in the country to get that pin number now I have the eligibilty letter! good luck to everyone :)

thanks val and gil,

5 month felt like 5 year, unit transcript didnt help then i was short with my NMC letter of good standing BUT last night i was slightly drunk and in spoiling for a fight so I decided to call AHPRA and low and behold i must have made such an impact that they approved me 2 hours later. :)

keep the faith folks

Guest lilmissp

:biggrin::tongue::biggrin::biggrin::laugh::wink::biggrin: Can you guess what Ive just been told?:wink::biggrin::ssign19::yes:I finally got the golden email.:biggrin: Good luck to all of you that are still waiting xxx

:biggrin::tongue::biggrin::biggrin::laugh::wink::biggrin: Can you guess what Ive just been told?:wink::biggrin::ssign19::yes:I finally got the golden email.:biggrin: Good luck to all of you that are still waiting xxx

Congratulations!!!!! :jiggy:

Congratulations!!! Fantastic news. Fingers crossed I will hear something soon xx

Guest lilmissp
Congratulations!!! Fantastic news. Fingers crossed I will hear something soon xx

I really hope you do cos I know how frustrating and stressful it is x I waited 4 months but seemed way longer...

I really hope you do cos I know how frustrating and stressful it is x I waited 4 months but seemed way longer...

I might give them a call next week to see what the hold up is. They havn't contacted me for anymore documents. Knowing them they will e-mail me in a couple of months and then ask for them, which will add on more weeks to the looooong wait :0/