AHPRA- whats your experience?****

Guest lilmissp

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am cross right now!!! have spoken to a lovely lady at Aphra today who I have been trying to contact as I have not had a reply regarding my Aphra registration. I have sent all the relevant paperwork, but ....I have been told that my qualification states I am a Adult trained nurse and that is causing a problem? Has to be investigated???? In the UK there are several branches of which Adult general nursing is one of them, I even have the Bsc degree. As anyone else had this problem??????? I feel I am being fobbed off!!!

Oh dear, this concerns me as I too am an Adult Trained Nurse. It clearly states this on my NMC statement of entry: Qualification Registered Nurse - Adult

It dosen't even say which part of the register I'm on!!!!

I haven't sent my AHPRA docs yet, so it will be interesting to see what happens - please let me know PollyGirl

Rachel x

Oh dear, this concerns me as I too am an Adult Trained Nurse. It clearly states this on my NMC statement of entry: Qualification Registered Nurse - Adult

It dosen't even say which part of the register I'm on!!!!

I haven't sent my AHPRA docs yet, so it will be interesting to see what happens - please let me know PollyGirl

Rachel x

Hi Rachel and Delaneym, I am on the NMC Register sub part 2 and I know that if this was a problem in general I wouldn't have been practising for nearly 4 years and others would all have the same problem!!! Really think that I am being fobbed off. As for 4-6 weeks process in Darwin, I really dont see that ever happening as its already passed that stage. I was also told that Aphra were busy with all their newly qualified Australian nurses, so overseas will be slower!!:mad:

Hi Rachel and Delaneym, I am on the NMC Register sub part 2 and I know that if this was a problem in general I wouldn't have been practising for nearly 4 years and others would all have the same problem!!! Really think that I am being fobbed off. As for 4-6 weeks process in Darwin, I really dont see that ever happening as its already passed that stage. I was also told that Aphra were busy with all their newly qualified Australian nurses, so overseas will be slower!!:mad:

When do the newly qualified nurses get their results?

When do the newly qualified nurses get their results?

No idea GilraenH, in the UK it was March and Sept, who knows?? Its so frustrating as I am entering OZ on a Spouse Visa, but need to be able to gain employment. I have approached nursing agencies but they have said that they need to know I have registration before they can help! This process is so stressful and frustrating. Is this the norm?????:em4600:

No idea GilraenH, in the UK it was March and Sept, who knows?? Its so frustrating as I am entering OZ on a Spouse Visa, but need to be able to gain employment. I have approached nursing agencies but they have said that they need to know I have registration before they can help! This process is so stressful and frustrating. Is this the norm?????:em4600:

New graduates appear to be encouraged to apply now before they get their results. It's an online application and it says it takes about 10-15mins to do. I only wish ours took as short a time.

It will happen eventually PollyGirl. Chin up........:wink:

New graduates appear to be encouraged to apply now before they get their results. It's an online application and it says it takes about 10-15mins to do. I only wish ours took as short a time.

It will happen eventually PollyGirl. Chin up........:wink:

Thank you GilarenH, will do!

Edited by PollyGirl

Guest lilmissp

Soooo frustrated!!! I sent my application off and money taken in February then yesterday I receive an email saying they have just assessed the payment ??? why would you need to assess a payment especially when it was transferred from my account almost 3 months ago. They said they will start assessing my application soon. What on earth have they been doing all this time???

Guest lilmissp
Just wondering when you get your confirmation letter of registration is it via an e-mail or a letter sent in the post?

Cheers

Yeah Ive been wondering about that too.

Hie everyone

l would like to thank everyone on this forumn as l am now on the AHPRA register. l sent my application to Darwin on the 5th of March 2012 and they recieved it on the 16th of March. On the 17th l got an e-mail from the case officer stating my application was incomplete they wanted the NMC verification. NMC sent out the verification on the 22nd of March and it got there on the 19th of April. Today got an e-mail to say l am now registered. If there is someone out there who may need my help dont hesitate to ask. Cheers everyone

Magasela.

Soooo frustrated!!! I sent my application off and money taken in February then yesterday I receive an email saying they have just assessed the payment ??? why would you need to assess a payment especially when it was transferred from my account almost 3 months ago. They said they will start assessing my application soon. What on earth have they been doing all this time???

Just looking back at the posts and I noticed you have sent yours to Brisbane too. I sent my application to Brisbane 29th feb. I have since emailed them to confirm if my ANMAC documents had been received which their reply was no. I phoned them and within 5 minutes it was sorted. They had received them but they had been logged under my full name and my application had been logged under my first name and surname!! Since this I have heard no more. They did take the money from my account within a day of receiving the application though. I am expecting a long wait :0(

Guest lilmissp
Just looking back at the posts and I noticed you have sent yours to Brisbane too. I sent my application to Brisbane 29th feb. I have since emailed them to confirm if my ANMAC documents had been received which their reply was no. I phoned them and within 5 minutes it was sorted. They had received them but they had been logged under my full name and my application had been logged under my first name and surname!! Since this I have heard no more. They did take the money from my account within a day of receiving the application though. I am expecting a long wait :0(

I sent mine 5th february and they received it 17th then payment taken on 20th and since then nothing has happened I have called them several times and emailed them and every time they say they don't see anything wrong and that it will be processed shortly I dont know what the hold up is. It is frustrating but we will get there in the end I am sure. Its just stressful not knowing when. good luck let me know how you get on.

I sent mine 5th february and they received it 17th then payment taken on 20th and since then nothing has happened I have called them several times and emailed them and every time they say they don't see anything wrong and that it will be processed shortly I dont know what the hold up is. It is frustrating but we will get there in the end I am sure. Its just stressful not knowing when. good luck let me know how you get on.

I Will do. Good luck too!! Everything is such a wait. It Will all be worth it in the end ;0)

Hi all, mine took 5 months and 2 weeks exactly with the Perth Office ! Yes a bloody nightmare I'm sorry to say. Apparently there is a massive backlog! I kept emailing constantly but it doesn't speed it up. As long as you have had your original acknowledgement then you just have to sit back and grit your teeth as best as you can. Hopefully yours will come quicker than mine!! Good luck x x x

Anyone applying for their registration may well be better going through act it took me 5 weeks last year they were brilliant Sydney is the busiest so avoid if you can. I think they do hurry it up a bit if you have a job pending

Guest lilmissp
Anyone applying for their registration may well be better going through act it took me 5 weeks last year they were brilliant Sydney is the busiest so avoid if you can. I think they do hurry it up a bit if you have a job pending

Excuse my ignorance, what is act??

I think I must be the only one who has had mine back in less than two months (can't remember exact amount of time, check out my signature for this). Though I harrassed them from day one of them receiving it and rang them every other day. When ringing I asked each time to be put through to the Brisbane office (where I sent mine). I also asked to speak to the CO. I know this sounds harse but I also sent them an email stating that I had not heard anything from them and their 6 week specified deadline (which is stated on their website) was fast approaching, if I was not processed in this timeframe then I would formally complain. The following day I had been emailed my 'in-principle approval.

Well done Rachael!! I love your approach. Wish we had carried out that approach from the start. We are still waiting..... They received our original documentation 19th Dec 2011.They managed to lose some of our paperwork and then requested more from NMC!!!.:no:

They Received all our documentation updates on the 11th April 2012. Now for the hounding to start!! as we are now relying on a quick turn around of the 457 Visa as our children are moving schools in September if we stay here any longer, so we were hoping to enter Aus the end of August at the latest Grrr!!:arghh:

Here's hoping:biggrin:

Guest Nickyjrowland

Hi all, I sent mine international signed for to Perth office and then emailed a week later to check if it was there and told them it had been signed for, initially they hadn't got it but then I got 2 emails a few days later to say they had got it and then another to say they were waiting for verification of registration so I replied to say this had been requested. Then they informed me that they had everything and it had been escalated for final assessment and then I got my eligibility to register letter, all within 4 weeks no hassling required :), I just sent a few thank you replies to my CO and it seemed to do the trick!!

Good luck everyone applying hope it goes as smoothly x

Guest chaddies1

hi mine took 8 months in total... i sent it to NSW office i mithered and mithered and they sent it to brisbane office... keep on at them it will come eventually!!!

Hi there, I have asked this before, but have had conflicting answers. Is anyone clear on the issue of where we send out ahpra registration forms to? Can it be any office? I am planning going to Sydney and I know it's a looking wait for there.. Is it true you have to present to the office in person? Also what couriers have people used to send their applications.

Thanks Liz.

Hi there, I have asked this before, but have had conflicting answers. Is anyone clear on the issue of where we send out ahpra registration forms to? Can it be any office? I am planning going to Sydney and I know it's a looking wait for there.. Is it true you have to present to the office in person? Also what couriers have people used to send their applications.

Thanks Liz.

You can send it to any office you like. You can turn up to any office and complete the registration process once in Oz. I used Airsure for my documents, and was able to track them at every stage of their journey. They took 2 weeks approx over Easter door to door. I am having less success with the international signed for the Uni used.

Good Luck.......

You can send it to any office you like. You can turn up to any office and complete the registration process once in Oz. I used Airsure for my documents, and was able to track them at every stage of their journey. They took 2 weeks approx over Easter door to door. I am having less success with the international signed for the Uni used.

Good Luck.......

Thanks for the reply, do you kow how long you have before you have to present to the office ie do they say you have to appear within a certain amount of time after they grant yr registration?

Liz