Any electricians out there.

Guest lisaandnigel

Hi Bernie

Yes I think Geoff was on the course with your OH. We have (or should I have!!) been really quick with getting the visa ball rolling. Geoff is now in panic mode and getting really woried about the whole thing! Just waiting on selling the house and then if all goes smoothly we will be on our way by September. I have just updated my signature strip with our latest time line- re meds and police checks.

Just trying to find out about the ARTC as I seem to get conflicting info - someone has said with Vetassess you don't have to get the ARTC but someone else said it was the same as TRA????

I have emailed ARTC but not received a response yet

Good luck with your app - are you applying online?

hi i rang the tra last night and got my info i required i rang at 11pm and it was 10:30am there the bloke was a great help

if your in a rush to find out any info give them a ring

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im an electrician and hoping to emmigrate by the end of the year.just about to send off for my vetassess ,could anybody tell me what to expect in both parts of the test

• 2 weeks later...
Guest isr999

Hi all, Iam looking at doing the same as mark ( I install auto doors here ) have you started the vetassess yet ??????.

Guest Gaz-spark

Hi All,

I'm currently on the hunt to do my Queensland licence here in the UK but i can't seem to find any where that does it. If anyone could help me?

* just re-read all the post's on this topic, didn't realise there were 4 pages!

Great help along the way off all of you thanks - i've just realised that i have to be there to get a full Queensland electrical licence. I have already got my residency visa but was hoping to get the licence so i could start work asap.

Keep up the good posts.

• 5 months later...
Guest naths28
Hi my hubby is an electrician, he got a temp licence first so can work with electricians as a ftter and is now at Tafe . Its a 12 weeks course two evenings a week and his employer paid for it!. Its really not hard. You can emigrate here as an electrician but cant practice fully unsupervised thats all.

regards

lovin the weather

tracy

hi tracywilson,

how do you go about getting a temp licence??i arrived in oz (sydney)3 weeks ago on my OH visa,and in the process of filling in my ARTC form.

is it possible to work for an electrical firm,well waiting to get my licence??

any help would be appreciated,

nathan.

Archived