176 lodged in April 2012

jag

Hi, I am also waiting for WA SS....I had applied on 2nd April...looks like they are taking it very long..:SLEEP:

I applied for WA SS on 3rd April - my agent spoke to them today and was told they are snowed under at the moment and it could take another month!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I applied for WA SS on 3rd April - my agent spoke to them today and was told they are snowed under at the moment and it could take another month!!

That's no good, really upsets the timeline for all those who are relying on WA to lodge before the deadline.

Also still waiting.... applied 3rd April. Waiting, waiting, waiting. But it is buying me a little time as I discovered my birth certificate isn't a full one and it will take 6 weeks to get the appropriate one (born in South Africa, living in England) whereas my husband's will only take 3 days (England)!!!. Third world contries, hey!! :eek:

Hey Jars - good to see a fellow Saffer on here! I'm originally from SA and have spent almost half my life in the UK now, but I miss the sun and still feel like I belong in the Southern Hemisphere! Australia is a safe bet but I do miss SA. Good luck with the birth certificate, getting documents from SA can take a loooooong time!

Guest nitisha

Oh no!!!!:no:....that is one bad news.......for us who are waiting for WA SS.....

Hey Jars - good to see a fellow Saffer on here! I'm originally from SA and have spent almost half my life in the UK now, but I miss the sun and still feel like I belong in the Southern Hemisphere! Australia is a safe bet but I do miss SA. Good luck with the birth certificate, getting documents from SA can take a loooooong time!

Haha I knew it!! Your name was a dead giveaway lol. Yep, same here mate. Been living in the UK 17 yrs now (just after I left school -gives my age away) but piiiiiining for sun AND SPACE! I am assuming you also had to get your birth certificate sorted out? Did you have to wait longer than 6 wks?

Congrats on getting your CO. Not long now and you'll be flying away :-)

Haha I knew it!! Your name was a dead giveaway lol. Yep, same here mate. Been living in the UK 17 yrs now (just after I left school -gives my age away) but piiiiiining for sun AND SPACE! I am assuming you also had to get your birth certificate sorted out? Did you have to wait longer than 6 wks?

Congrats on getting your CO. Not long now and you'll be flying away :-)

It'll be 17 years for me next year too but I left in SA in STD 9 so we must be almost the same age. I luckily had my SA birth certificate but experience of renewing my SA passport tells me you might wait a while, eish what a mission! Everything definitely ticks on African time! Hope yours arrives in good time and the rest of your application goes well!

Case Officer appointed today!! :cool: 7 days after lodging our application - things are flying!

Hey, thebokke,

Did you get an email, or how do you know when youv been appointed a CO?

It's great your application is flying. Congrats.

Guest guspjmh
Case Officer appointed today!! :cool: 7 days after lodging our application - things are flying!

WOW! Hopefully that means I have only 2 days to wait then.....

Hey, thebokke,

Did you get an email, or how do you know when youv been appointed a CO?

It's great your application is flying. Congrats.

Hey Jag,

Yes, got an email this morning with a couple of attachments, one a letter introducing the case officer and what was required, some details about medicals etc. They then give you 28 days to upoload or provide evidence of a booking.

Hope you get your CO soon.

Guest adam1981

176 apllied 31/march. am getting sponserwed by the qld gov already done my medical and crim checks, already aus qualifeid with 1 years au experience and also work on a government job speed up the process?how long is it taking at the mo. also live in au now and my current visa eexpiers 9/may!

176 apllied 31/march. am getting sponserwed by the qld gov already done my medical and crim checks, already aus qualifeid with 1 years au experience and also work on a government job speed up the process?how long is it taking at the mo. also live in au now and my current visa eexpiers 9/may!

In the march thread, people who applied in the week of 26th March are just getting CO's so yours shouldn't be too long. If you have already uploaded your Meds/PCCs then you may not hear from a CO and it may directly go to a grant. Good luck!

I have heard somewhere that as long as you scan the original docs in colour, they don't need to be certified. If applying online, I gather the list is personalised to your specific application. I'm sure one of the more experienced peeps will be along soon with an answer :biggrin:

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the documents you need to front load online for 176 visa app? Ive got certified copies of passports and birth certificate (does it need to be the long one or short one) skills assesment, cv..... ?

Hi,

Here's my checklist, you could be asked for more or less the same docs plus family docs (if any). To be considered fully front-loaded, you must upload all docs shown in your checklist + Meds + PCCs + Form 1221 + Form 80. The last two may or may not be required but some people upload anyway just to be thorough, I didn't upload Form 80 and luckily I wasn't asked for one either. One thing that's missing from the checklist is 'evidence of work experience' but that has to be uploaded irrespective of what the checklist says. Good luck!

Checklist.jpg

Checklist.jpg

Thank you for your reply, very helpful. Can you defo get your meds done before you submit the visa then as when i rang the clincs they told me that they had been told by DIAC that all applicants had to wait to be be told to go for medicals. Can we get them done before then ? The lady at the clinic said they inform DIAC so how would it work with DIAC being informed if we get them done before. Hope that makes sense!

Thank you for your reply, very helpful. Can you defo get your meds done before you submit the visa then as when i rang the clincs they told me that they had been told by DIAC that all applicants had to wait to be be told to go for medicals. Can we get them done before then ? The lady at the clinic said they inform DIAC so how would it work with DIAC being informed if we get them done before. Hope that makes sense!

Hi,

There seems to be some confusion going around. AFAIK, eHealth clinics are not allowed to do Meds without a TRN and for 100% eHealth countries all the panel clinics seem to be eHealth types so I don't have an answer for you. Maybe some clinics ignore those instructions or maybe in some countries not all panel clinics are eHealth variety. It seems that some eHealth clinics also send the results by courier instead of uploading directly to HOC. If people give names of their clinics where they are getting those pre-lodge Meds then it would be more useful.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/100-ehealth.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

If your doc is not willing to do your Meds before you lodge, you can book your Medicals to just after your estimated lodging date so that you can avoid any unexpected delay in booking for one at a later time. Good luck!

PS: There are some recent threads in here as well as BE where they discuss this pre-lodge Meds

Guest adam1981

Got my medical results in the post it says do not open and forward to visa department! Have received police clearance Uk 5 days au 21 days and counting!!

Hi,

There seems to be some confusion going around. AFAIK, eHealth clinics are not allowed to do Meds without a TRN and for 100% eHealth countries all the panel clinics seem to be eHealth types so I don't have an answer for you. Maybe some clinics ignore those instructions or maybe in some countries not all panel clinics are eHealth variety. It seems that some eHealth clinics also send the results by courier instead of uploading directly to HOC. If people give names of their clinics where they are getting those pre-lodge Meds then it would be more useful.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/100-ehealth.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

If your doc is not willing to do your Meds before you lodge, you can book your Medicals to just after your estimated lodging date so that you can avoid any unexpected delay in booking for one at a later time. Good luck!

PS: There are some recent threads in here as well as BE where they discuss this pre-lodge Meds

Ehealth clinics cannot do the medicals without the TRN. The online system works on the basis of the TRN being available. Therefore it is necessary that the visa application be lodged for the medicals to be conducted. As far as waiting to be told by DIAC for medicals to be scheduled, it seems like a gray area some ehealth clinics insist that they will do it only after CO request has been made and some clinics are flexible and carry out the tests once you have lodged the application

Ehealth clinics cannot do the medicals without the TRN. The online system works on the basis of the TRN being available. Therefore it is necessary that the visa application be lodged for the medicals to be conducted. As far as waiting to be told by DIAC for medicals to be scheduled, it seems like a gray area some ehealth clinics insist that they will do it only after CO request has been made and some clinics are flexible and carry out the tests once you have lodged the application

Yes, despite of that some people are managing to get medicals done before lodging a visa. The panel doctors list shows most if not all clinics as eHealth type in quite a few countries (especially the 100% eHealth ones) so don't know what exactly is happening but as long as the CO doesn't mind, it's actually good to have that option available.

Edited by toOZ2012

Yes, despite of that some people are managing to get medicals done before lodging a visa. The panel doctors list shows most if not all clinics as eHealth type in quite a few countries (especially the 100% eHealth ones) so don't know what exactly is happening but as long as the CO doesn't mind, it's actually good to have that option available.

If they are doing it i guess they hold it till the visa is lodged and a TRN is available because I cant see how the system can work without TRN, ehealth or not...