176 lodged in April 2012

jag

Hey guys.

Just thought I'd start a tread for all us April applicants, to keep an eye on our progress.

So everyone keep us updated and hopefully it all works out for us. :).

Best of luck to you all.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

Wer'e applying in a couple of weeks - already completed online application, just waiting till mid/end of April to aid with the timing!

Been a long old process, we started in around Feb 2011 - at the exciting stage now though!!!

Hope all goes well for everyone be sure to keep us updated with your progress.

Hi All,

Wer'e applying in a couple of weeks - already completed online application, just waiting till mid/end of April to aid with the timing!

Been a long old process, we started in around Feb 2011 - at the exciting stage now though!!!

Hope all goes well for everyone be sure to keep us updated with your progress.

hi just curious. But doesnt your state sponsorship come with a deadline to file? Ours had a three month deadline within which the visa had to be filed.

I managed to get an extension.

We planned our original timeline around the processing times as quoted by engineers australia, vic government and the DIAC. Engineers australia was quoted as 16 weeks - it took 16 weeks to the day! Vic Governement quoted 12 weeks - it took 3! DIAC quoted 12-18 months at the time of us starting the whole process, this is now down to 1-2months (sometimes even weeks!).

The problem is I am studying for a degree and have another year left to do, if we get the grant with an initial entry date before I finish we would have to do a validation trip which we definetly cant afford. Therefore we are trying to prolong the process where ever we can, we managed to get another 30 days from VIC but we have to apply to DIAC before the end of April.

I know we shouldn't compain (some people have been waiting years to get to where we are) but it is frustrating when inaccurate processing times are published.

Just a couple of questions, as some of you might have recently filled the online application for 176;

1. Where the details of family members are asked, i have added only my family members details (parents and siblings) as primary applicant. Where do I need to provide family details of my spouse (I mean her siblings and parents)?

2. They asked for relevant employment details, I added those two employments that I got assessed through VETASSESS. Should I add other employments as well which are 11 and 9 months only and one of them is relevant to the nominated occupation and the other not. However these two small duration employments were not assessed by VETASSESS, neither will they affect my points test.

Regards,

Just a couple of questions, as some of you might have recently filled the online application for 176;

1. Where the details of family members are asked, i have added only my family members details (parents and siblings) as primary applicant. Where do I need to provide family details of my spouse (I mean her siblings and parents)?

2. They asked for relevant employment details, I added those two employments that I got assessed through VETASSESS. Should I add other employments as well which are 11 and 9 months only and one of them is relevant to the nominated occupation and the other not. However these two small duration employments were not assessed by VETASSESS, neither will they affect my points test.

Regards,

You dont need to add the details of your spouse's family details

you need to add your own. I am assuming that you are the primary applicant.

If you are migrating only with your spouse and children(if any) then they will need to be added to migrating dependants

All other family members should be added under other family members

If you add them under non migrating dependants, you will have to get medicals and PCC done for them too. therefore to save the hassle make sure that they are added in the other family members section

trust this helps

Another quick question, once I have paid the fees through credit card, will I still be able to access the previous pages and edit if required?

Nope once application is submitted you cant go back to it. you will have intimate changes through the prescribed forms

Another quick question, once I have paid the fees through credit card, will I still be able to access the previous pages and edit if required?

Once the payment is done, the application is considered lodged. If you have any change in circumstances then there is a form you can fill out and send it to DIAC for processing.

One more, sorry for being annoying....do we need to provide certified copies of all documents or just color scanned copies? Specially for example IELTS TRF?

Color scans of the originals is the best option. If you are uploading copies then they should be certified.

Hi all,

I have my IELTS test on 21st April, Ive submitted my assessment to ACS and as soon as I get my results I will apply for Victoria SS. Do you think I have enough time to get everything sorted for the 1st July deadline??

Has anyone else submitted to ACS?

I assume you just have to lodge your visa application before the 1st to 'qualify' before the changes??

I will be watching this thread...hoping to submit in May :err:

Cheers guys

You dont need to add the details of your spouse's family details

you need to add your own. I am assuming that you are the primary applicant.

If you are migrating only with your spouse and children(if any) then they will need to be added to migrating dependants

All other family members should be added under other family members

If you add them under non migrating dependants, you will have to get medicals and PCC done for them too. therefore to save the hassle make sure that they are added in the other family members section

trust this helps

You do need to add your spouses family details - (see question 68 http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1276.pdf )

Your spouse should be added to secondary applicant not migrating dependents.

non-migrating depndents can only be children under 18 years of age.

You do need to add your spouses family details - (see question 68 http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1276.pdf )

Your spouse should be added to secondary applicant not migrating dependents.

non-migrating depndents can only be children under 18 years of age.

Hey thanks for the correction! got mixed up with the secondary applicant and migrating dependents parts...memory of filling the form is fast fading away!

Just lodged our 176 application! :cool: Really pleased we've got to this point!!

I'm most of the way through uploading documents, but I'm a bit confused with the medicals and police checks. The Document checklist gives links to the documents needed to book medicals, the forms etc suggesting these are outstanding and need uploading, plus giving you all the info on how to proceed.

Does that mean I need to go ahead and book now? I thought you had to wait until you were contacted by DIAC when a case officer was appointed?

How did the rest of you do it? Advice appreciated.

Edited by thebokke