register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Phil & Vikki

Etihad Airways

Hi All,

Has anyone ever flown with Etihad Airways? I have got some very good prices to go back to the uk for xmas with them and wondered if they were ok. Will be me, hubby and 2 kids (7 and 3). Any comments??

Cheers

Vikki

Family of five now with our one son living in the UK

We flew back in June last year with Etihad (me & boys 14 and 10).

We didnt enjoy our flights at all. The service was not so good and hardly saw flight attendants. the blankets smelt and plane was rather dirty. My eldest asked if he could have a snack as he missed his meal as he was sleeping. He was was given a small packet of nuts.

We have flew with Singapore and Royal Brunei before and they were both excellent.

Wouldnt fly with Etihad again IMO

Jill

Warren (37) Jill (35) Liam (16) Jack (11)

VISA175 MODL GRANTED 26/08/08.

Jon flew over with Etihad, no problem with them, he says they are much of a muchness with Emirates, good entertainment, food was fine.

Of course the flight did get diverted to Adelaide because of a major electrical storm in Melbourne, but that is hardly the airline's fault :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Found Etihad to be pretty good when I flew Economy lasy year. Entertainment system is good. I agree you can go for hours without seeing a flight attendant but if you need one then press the call button, no big deal. Make sure your blanket is in an unopened bag before use. I saw a mother using blankets to mop up their children's urine. (Sorry for being crude but this was a total disgrace). Would however recommend this airline. I say travelling Economy long haul is lousy no matter what airline you choose.

Guest Julz

China Southern Airlines also have cheap flights to UK in December.

I would have to say that Etihad are the best airline I have used for economy class. The frequent flyer club is good too. You can buy things using your miles and it doesn't take long to move up tiers. Flying from Ireland, it is the best way to get to Oz. Avoiding Heathrow is a great advantage.

Hi all, thank you very much for your information, i suppose there are are good and bad experiences to be had with most airlines. Cheers

Vikki

Family of five now with our one son living in the UK

China Southern Airlines also have cheap flights to UK in December.

Hello jurls what is the service and baggage allowance like with china southern ,,cheers pal ,,they are way cheaper

Thanks again Julz. Great info ,,,looks like 32 kg with china southern ,,like u read good and bad reviews

we had great service def as good as emirates !!!

Great to hear cos we prob gona be using them ,,,how u go on with baggage allowance with them thanks ,,,,Cheryl x

I cannot find it on their website so forgive me asking if it's there. Do they do the 40kgs for an unvalidated visa like Singapore?

(RSMS 187) RCB 26.09.2013, Nomination 14.10.2013, Visa re-lodged 27.10.2013 non DRC. Child and Family Health nurse. Low risk country. Nomination and Visa both granted 03.12.2013. :jiggy: