Etihad Airways

Phil & Vikki

We flew back in June last year with Etihad (me & boys 14 and 10).

We didnt enjoy our flights at all. The service was not so good and hardly saw flight attendants. the blankets smelt and plane was rather dirty. My eldest asked if he could have a snack as he missed his meal as he was sleeping. He was was given a small packet of nuts.

We have flew with Singapore and Royal Brunei before and they were both excellent.

Wouldnt fly with Etihad again IMO

Jill

Jon flew over with Etihad, no problem with them, he says they are much of a muchness with Emirates, good entertainment, food was fine.

Of course the flight did get diverted to Adelaide because of a major electrical storm in Melbourne, but that is hardly the airline's fault :)

Found Etihad to be pretty good when I flew Economy lasy year. Entertainment system is good. I agree you can go for hours without seeing a flight attendant but if you need one then press the call button, no big deal. Make sure your blanket is in an unopened bag before use. I saw a mother using blankets to mop up their children's urine. (Sorry for being crude but this was a total disgrace). Would however recommend this airline. I say travelling Economy long haul is lousy no matter what airline you choose.

I would have to say that Etihad are the best airline I have used for economy class. The frequent flyer club is good too. You can buy things using your miles and it doesn't take long to move up tiers. Flying from Ireland, it is the best way to get to Oz. Avoiding Heathrow is a great advantage.