176 Visa App - How difficult is it? Do I really need to pay for an agent?

Helloooo,

I've decided to apply for a 176 visa and am wondering how difficult this will be and whether I should pay for an agent? I am 30 yrs old, fully qualified accountant (ACCA) and have 5+ years of relevant work experience, plus I am from the UK and can only speak English so I assume I will have no problem proving my English skills?! I also have an uncle and aunty living in Cairns (they both hold perm resident visas) and when I took the test online I scored 75 so looking quite positive I think so wondering if the app will be straight forward in turn? I do plan to apply for a de facto spouse visa for my other half who is also from the UK but his occupation is not on the SOL so he will not qualify for any points...

I've looked at one site so far called NationalVisas.com.au and there are a variety of services ranging from all inclusive end to end service for $4k AUD to 180 day access period with personalised app guide for $600 AUD to 15 day access period with personalised app guide for $110 AUD.... I know I have to be careful about finding a registered agent and avoid the dodgy ones, I will def do my research and background checks first before handing over any money!

So if anyone has an opinion I'd love to hear it :) Also from a few threads that I've read on here I am getting the sense that 176 visas apps are being processed a lot quicker than the 12-18 mth guidelines so any thoughts on that are welcome too!

Many thanks :)

HI - Welcome to PIO.

As an accountant you will still need to pass the Academic IELTS with bands of 7 in individual area. http://migrationagentreviews.com/australia-agent-reviews.html Go Matilda has a good reputaion on PIO.

As for your partner he would be on the same application as yourself as the secondary applicant/your defacto (will need to show english ability - but UK passport is enough to satisfy this), it doesnt matter if his occupation iis on SOL or not.

You score enough points to go for 175 or 176SS (you would require State sponsorship from the stat you wish to live in - but your occupation will require to be on the states migration plan).

Also with accountants it is usually the post qualification work exeriance that is taken in to consideration - but can be grey area therefore getting advice from a RMA is a good idea.

Our 176SS visa took 6 weeks to get grant after lodging - but it took quite a while to get positive skills assessment (16weeks) get a date for the IELTS, and 3 weeks for our SS.

There are changes to the application process in July - taht you need to express and interest and the people with the hiest points get invited to apply - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

but with 75 points, you would have a good chance of getting an invitation.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info and advice.

Lebourvellec you mentioned about getting state sponsorship but if I am sponsored by my uncle then that should be suffice shouldn't it? I did look for the state lists of occupations desired but couldn't find it, would you be able to send a link?

I have read a few threads saying that some people found problems with needing post qualified experience. I have two years now of PQE but luckily even if I claim zero in this field I should still make 65 points as I have a BSc Maths & Comp. Sci plus I think ACCA qualification counts as a degree as well?

In terms of applying how does it work or what's the best approach? Do I go off and gather my proof such as Academic IELTS and confirmation from CPA/IPA for my ACCA qual before applying for the visa or do I start the application first?

Thanks for the info and advice.

Lebourvellec you mentioned about getting state sponsorship but if I am sponsored by my uncle then that should be suffice shouldn't it? I did look for the state lists of occupations desired but couldn't find it, would you be able to send a link?

I have read a few threads saying that some people found problems with needing post qualified experience. I have two years now of PQE but luckily even if I claim zero in this field I should still make 65 points as I have a BSc Maths & Comp. Sci plus I think ACCA qualification counts as a degree as well?

In terms of applying how does it work or what's the best approach? Do I go off and gather my proof such as Academic IELTS and confirmation from CPA/IPA for my ACCA qual before applying for the visa or do I start the application first?

Your uncle can only sponsor you if he lives in a regional part of Australia - and this will only be for a 475 provisional visa, you need to live in regional australia for 2 years and work for 1 to be eligible for PR.

Accountantcy is on SOL 1 therefore you would be able to apply for 175, can take a little longer but you can live and work anywhere is Australia.

If you have a degree which is not related to your occupation I think you need to get this also assessed to see if you can get these points for qualification.

You need your IELTS for your skills assessment therefore you will need to do this first. Then your skills assessment, then you apply for the visa.

As ther is only a couple of months left before the New Skillselect - I would recommend that you get your case assessed by a RMA, they will be the bast to advice you on best body to use for your assessment and regarding the points for degree etc.

We had our case assessed before we applied some RMA will do inital assessment free. In the end we did not use an agent - but if you hope to lodge your application before July a good agent will be worth the money.