Anyone done TRA for electronic equipment trades worker?

Tosh

Hi All, am new to this forum just joined today. Am trying to grab more info on point based skilled migration to Australia. A local agent

told me I could use 342315 ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENT TRADES WORKER (SPECIAL CLASS) for the skill assessment but he didn't mention

about any technical interview and I was very surprised read about it here....pls kindly guide me and also mention the difference between

342314 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General)

342315 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

hi James i wanna contact you about the skill assessment

thank you

• 1 month later...
hi James i wanna contact you about the skill assessment

thank you

Hi Victor did you manage to find any extra info regarding the interview process? what trade are you going in as? i am a fire and security engineer and looking for advice or revision tips.

thanks guys

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Guys

I have done back in 2014. At first they will ask theoretical questions what have you studied  and then about your work experience.  when they ask you about your experience they will determine how much theory you understood. Remember what ever you have submitted them in terms of your transcripts and certificate . they will review what units have you  covered  during your course. My technical interview was about 20 minutes.  If need any help call me or viber me on +679 9549031

Edited by miya

On 01/05/2017 at 7:27 AM, miya said:

Hi Guys

I have done back in 2014. At first they will ask theoretical questions what have you studied  and then about your work experience.  when they ask you about your experience they will determine how much theory you understood. Remember what ever you have submitted them in terms of your transcripts and certificate . they will review what units have you  covered  during your course. My technical interview was about 20 minutes.  If need any help call me or viber me on +679 9549031

Hi Miya,

Could you be more detailed in the whole process? Did u contact TRA first or VESSTASS? After you applied with the documents they came with this interview? Who conducted that? Thank you!

Rodrigo

• 7 months later...

hi everyone

i'm new in this forum ...in case this tread is still active

i would like to ask someone that had his offshore skill assessment in Electronic equipment trades worker:

i am an installer of Home theatre systems ( and also some smart home controllers and home network) for the past 12 years.

during the assessment will i be asked about fire / alarm systems? about in depth electronic components repairs? (which i'm not familiar with) or each interview is individual and concerning only my spesific occupation?

thank you in advance 

have a great day

You should be familiar with capacitors, resistors, basic current and voltage measuring theorems and laws, OHS, transformers and other electronic components. Some digital electronics and industrial electronics. Optical fibre and networking. Be insightful to respond to safety related questions.

hi raje

thank you for your reply

i have a basic knowlege of electronic components (self taught as a hobby)

will it be suficient for passing this test- or should i take a professional course?

just to clarify: how it is related to installers of AV systems or alarms installers (which are not familiar with internal repair of electronic equipment -aren't they completly different professions)?

also is there a topic list that i can refer in order to prepare myself ?

thank you so much for your time

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all.
I have one question about immigration to Australia. I am a master graduate in physics and I have been working as " Electronic Instrument Trades Worker" for 6 years. I wonder if my experience would be assessed as an " Electronic Instrument Trades Worker" by TRA? 
I am going to apply for Visa 189 or 190

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 04/12/2017 at 11:15, raje said:

You should be familiar with capacitors, resistors, basic current and voltage measuring theorems and laws, OHS, transformers and other electronic components. Some digital electronics and industrial electronics. Optical fibre and networking. Be insightful to respond to safety related questions.

HI Raje 

Very concern with the skills assessment as I have a re-assessment schedule in the following 6 weeks time and since i have a nearly two weeks holiday i have to put up a 200% of my concentration to the test . I am trying so hard to re-call all the PPT slides that i was asked. Do you perhaps some of the PPT slides was about? Especially with the Telecommunication part, he asked me some tools in the slides and there was a picture of a PCB board that filled with the IC chips, i guess that was something to do in the telecommunication field?  Much appreciate it if you can help me out. Cheers 

Calvin 

• 1 year later...

Hi all, 

I am looking to got to Australia under the Electronic instrument trades worker either general or special class. 

I started using the down under center based in London who could get hold of an electrical license before getting to Australia as I have been told this is needed to work on anything electrical over there.The trouble is they cater to domestic electrical experience and tried to put me through as an electrician special class. I have done a domestic electrical 4 week course when I left the army mainly so I could work on my own house but I was able to do the test and inspecting that they have on their practical assessment however I submitted all my paperwork and there wasn't enough domestic electrical experience to progress with the electrician route. 

The down under center are still willing to help me progress my skills assessment and as my paperwork is with the TRA already, I am hoping I won't have to submit it all again despite changing jobs. (I don't hold much expectation but I like to think positively).

They haven't progressed anyone under this job title before and until coming across this post I was not aware of any technical interview that was needed with the TRA. I see a lot of Vetasses stuff but on the Australia government website it only mentions TRA as the assessing body. Does anybody know if TRA do a technical interview? Also if I have to submit paperwork and applications again I'm wondering if the skills assessors contact your current workplace for references?

The reason I am asking is because I am not planning to leave to Australia for quite some time and I don't want to upset the apple cart so to speak as I have just been promoted. The extra cash will certainly be needed when saving for Australia. 

I also need to do an english test at some point, does anybody know of any Pearsons mock test papers please?

If you have managed to get to Australia under this skilled occupation, have you needed an electrical license for the work you do? (I'm currently working in the semiconductor industry on vacuum systems but there are in extremely short supply in Australia)

Apologies for the huge post. Thanks for your help.