You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Tosh

Anyone done TRA for electronic equipment trades worker?

Hi All, am new to this forum just joined today. Am trying to grab more info on point based skilled migration to Australia. A local agent

told me I could use 342315 ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENT TRADES WORKER (SPECIAL CLASS) for the skill assessment but he didn't mention

about any technical interview and I was very surprised read about it here....pls kindly guide me and also mention the difference between

342314 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General)

342315 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

hi James i wanna contact you about the skill assessment

thank you

hi James i wanna contact you about the skill assessment

thank you

Hi Victor did you manage to find any extra info regarding the interview process? what trade are you going in as? i am a fire and security engineer and looking for advice or revision tips.

thanks guys

Hi Miya,

I'm planing to go for 342313 assessment soon. Can you give some tips about the application lodgement and the interview? Thanks,

hello miya,

can you please elaborate your experience.

Hi Guys

I have done back in 2014. At first they will ask theoretical questions what have you studied  and then about your work experience.  when they ask you about your experience they will determine how much theory you understood. Remember what ever you have submitted them in terms of your transcripts and certificate . they will review what units have you  covered  during your course. My technical interview was about 20 minutes.  If need any help call me or viber me on +679 9549031

Edited by miya

On 01/05/2017 at 7:27 AM, miya said:

Hi Guys

I have done back in 2014. At first they will ask theoretical questions what have you studied  and then about your work experience.  when they ask you about your experience they will determine how much theory you understood. Remember what ever you have submitted them in terms of your transcripts and certificate . they will review what units have you  covered  during your course. My technical interview was about 20 minutes.  If need any help call me or viber me on +679 9549031

Hi Miya,

Could you be more detailed in the whole process? Did u contact TRA first or VESSTASS? After you applied with the documents they came with this interview? Who conducted that? Thank you!

Rodrigo

hi everyone

i'm new in this forum ...in case this tread is still active

i would like to ask someone that had his offshore skill assessment in Electronic equipment trades worker:

i am an installer of Home theatre systems ( and also some smart home controllers and home network) for the past 12 years.

during the assessment will i be asked about fire / alarm systems? about in depth electronic components repairs? (which i'm not familiar with) or each interview is individual and concerning only my spesific occupation?

thank you in advance 

have a great day

You should be familiar with capacitors, resistors, basic current and voltage measuring theorems and laws, OHS, transformers and other electronic components. Some digital electronics and industrial electronics. Optical fibre and networking. Be insightful to respond to safety related questions.

hi raje

thank you for your reply

i have a basic knowlege of electronic components (self taught as a hobby)

will it be suficient for passing this test- or should i take a professional course?

just to clarify: how it is related to installers of AV systems or alarms installers (which are not familiar with internal repair of electronic equipment -aren't they completly different professions)?

also is there a topic list that i can refer in order to prepare myself ?

thank you so much for your time

Hi all,

I am gonna undergo technical interview for ELECTRONICS EQUIPMENT TRADES WORKER. can anyone help me telling kind of questions asked during interview?

Hi all. Please kindly assist with what kind of questions are asked during technical interview or TRA for electronic equipment trades.

Hi all. Please kindly assist with what kind of questions are asked during technical assessment with Vetassess for Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General). My email is briansmp87@gmail.com. Please assist

Edited by Brian Smp

Hi all.
I have one question about immigration to Australia. I am a master graduate in physics and I have been working as " Electronic Instrument Trades Worker" for 6 years. I wonder if my experience would be assessed as an " Electronic Instrument Trades Worker" by TRA? 
I am going to apply for Visa 189 or 190

as long as you have the certificate, there is no issue. In case you dont have, the guidelines explicit that 3 years of those 6 would be used as the certificate.