Anyone done TRA for electronic equipment trades worker?

Tosh

Hi guys,

Has anyone done the TRA exam/test for electronic equipment trades worker?

Our migration agent tells me I'll be doing the test via Skype with the Victoria state univercity. I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on what sort of thing I'll be facing when this happens.

Many Thanks

Tosh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi W1,

I'm just in the process of getting the required paperwork together for mine. You don't just go for the assessment, they need you to prove your work history for last 10 years. So ref;s from past companies, letters from old managers confirming your title what you did tools you used etc. Trying to go back 10 years and trace this is not bloody easy I can tell you. Half the companies I worked for have closed down now lol.

Good luck with yours and don't forget we are genuinely interested in how you get on and your experiences of the whole process so post it up on the site.

Tosh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any more info they can share on this? I have mine tomorrow and was desperately searching the web for any info I could find and stumbled across this thread. Would love to call and discuss with you Mark if that's ok and its not too late.

Cheers

Guest cloud923

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how long it took ye to get a technical interview from Vic Uni once ye had sent everything in. We have submitted our through an agent 8 weeks ago and havent heard anything since, just wondering if I should be worried? Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how long it took ye to get a technical interview from Vic Uni once ye had sent everything in. We have submitted our through an agent 8 weeks ago and havent heard anything since, just wondering if I should be worried? Thanks

I am using VETASSESS. Took about 8 weeks for my technical interview. They informed me of the date by e-mail about 4 weeks after I had paid for it.

Hi All,

Tosh, sorry its taken so long to reply and thanks for the info. How are you getting on with your assessment? are you still going with Vic Uni?

Im using an agent and they have recommended going with Vetassess because "they are better prepared than Vic Uni" but i'm not sure yet if that is the case.

Mark T has kindly given me his number also, i have not rang him yet tho. In his PM he said a lot of the questions are about components, that has me a bit concerned!

I wonder if if the assessments between Vet and Vic are standardised or if each of them make their own assessment?

Matte & Cloud, how are you guys getting on?

• 2 months later...

Not even booked mine yet mate,

took me so long to get the references etc together that we ended up just taking our time. Should be at a stage by the end of the month where our agent can book us a date in, she has now also changed it to VETASSES as it was cheaper and a faster turnaround.

Good luck with yours and let us know how you get on.

Tosh

• 1 year later...

Hi Marie,

not sure about the 3423 but for mine i had to sit an online interview Via Skype done at a registered location. Basically sat talking to a college/university professor of electronics who asked questions covering a very wide variety of electronics equipment and disciplines. when you book it they give you a complete list of the subjects they'll be asking you about, basically there's so many you could never blag it and stumble through. you do have to have a good solid background in electronics and they'll soon figure out if you know your stuff or not.

i"ve heard there is a practical you can do but this is only offered if you fail the online interview.

hope this helps.

Tosh

Thanks Tosh.

Isn't your code 3423 for Electronic Equipment Trades Worker? What was your code then? Also, did you go via VETASSESS?

Hi Marie,

3423 is the ANZSCO unit group code for all electronics trades workers. The person applying for their skills assessed must fall into one of the occupations listed within that group, these are:

Hi Marie,

as above i did the 342313 with VETASSESS. i had to visit a registered center which was a migration agents office and had a 2 hour long Skype interview in a room with the migration agent sitting behind me making sure i wasn't cheating. The interview covers all aspects of electronics so would recommend lots of revision.

From the other people i've spoken to the interviews are really varied and a lot of it is down to the person you're talking to on what they ask you. For example one guy i spoke to said he had to describe in detail how to network a computer, i on the other hand only got asked to identify pictures of the main components of a pc.

Someone else i spoke to said they were asked to identify a lot of components by their BSD symbols and then asked at random what certain components functions were, how to test them and how to fault find those components. Again, I wasn't asked how to test specifically any components.

IN my interview i added details like that myself whilst talking to the interviewer. Rather than questions and answers we had more of a conversation based around the subject headings we had to cover. He'd ask me if i could build a pc? I'd say although i never have built one from scratch i have upgraded loads so building one would just be a case of fitting the MOtherboard, HDD, Ram etc etc into a tower. And if i had a choice i would choose a quad, possibly 8 core chip, upgrade the fan to a slightly oversize one so it ran quieter and cooled the processor better along with a better contact grease when installing the processor will ensure better and cooler running of the chip etc etc etc waffle waffle ramble ramble.

I made sure i 'offered' the information rather than have the interviewer feel like he had to 'drag' it out of me. I guess i was worried he'd ask the questions i didn't know the answers to and instead made it sound like i knew what i was talking about lol.

Hope some of this helps.

Good luck.

Thanks Guys. I Appreciate your help very much.

Actually, I was looking for 342313 or 342314 but I am not really sure if I can fit to this code since if I to choose the code most appropriate for me without considering VISA type, it would be 263299 ICT Support and Test Engineers nec. Since I will opt for visa 489- Family sponsored, I need to choose ANZCO code in SOL. Though, I am particular and knowledgeable to Electronics stuff like Tosh had stated above, I am not sure if I can fit in to 342313 or 342314 but I would like to give it a try.

I got confuse because I thought the assessing body will be TRA and that I need to submit documents to them and pay that 1000 aud fee. Now that VETASSESS can also be an alternative route (where fee is cheaper) for 342313 or 342314, then this could be my another option.

Can you give me advise on what to consider? I cannot go for visa 189 since course in the Philippines is not treated as Bachelors Degree even if I graduated here with that. That is why I need to go to visa 489. I cannot go for visa 190 since only 1 state had availability for 263299.

Regards,

Marie

Edited by Marie12

• 3 months later...

Hi All, am new to this forum just joined today. Am trying to grab more info on point based skilled migration to Australia. A local agent

told me I could use 342315 ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENT TRADES WORKER (SPECIAL CLASS) for the skill assessment but he didn't mention

about any technical interview and I was very surprised read about it here....pls kindly guide me and also mention the difference between

342314 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General)

342315 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...