6 months in melbourne - STILL super happy!

young2682

Hi all,

Doesnt seem like long since my 3 month update, time sure does fly when you're having fun!

So...... I would say now we are very settled living in Australia.... after 3 months we were still finding out things, researching and getting to know our surroundings. 6 months here and we feel that we know so much (although we probably still have lots to learn) compared to newbies arriving now!

I am doing very well in my job as is my husband, we both have big prospects living here more so than we would have had in the uk.

Our children are very happy here and we are so glad to see them enjoying the great outdoors. Every weekend we are out at parks, reservoirs, lakes, fresh produce markets, the list goes on.

The food here is so fresh and delicious, there is nothing more lovely than wandering round the markets on a sunny sunday morning! Fruit and veggies here are not only good value for money, they last ages and taste far superior to my experience of my past food shop in the uk.

Having spent a lot of time researching the different suburbs, we are going to try and move to the Dandenong Ranges, we have completely fallen in love with the stunning mountain views, and the feeling of serenity that we get when we drive towards them. The ranges are around 20 minutes from Berwick and although we love it here and have met some wonderful people, we feel that we want to be slightly more away from the 'bustle' of Berwick but still have it close by. Places that we are looking at (for those interested) are Belgrave, Tecoma, Kallista, Emerald and Upper Beaconsfield. All got great reputations for schooling and leisure activites.

Life here seems so normal now, I still compare things back to the UK but mainly to justify my spending habits! We have met some amazing people, seen some wonderful things and continue to be wowed by this fabulous place.

We recently visited the famous Redhill Winery which lies on the Mornington Peninsula around 50 mins from Berwick, it boasts some amazing views and wines and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Sometimes we wake up and still cant believe we live on the other side of the world!

I am sorry there is not more to update (its pretty early so my brain is still a bit sleepy!) but please if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask, id be happy to try and help!

Thanks again to all on here who gave me the help and support on this life changing move!

I will update again 1 year in :rolleyes:

Guest The Pom Queen

What a great update, thank you for sharing, do we really have to wait another 6 months for an update lol. The Dandenong Ranges are lovely so I am sure you will like it up there

Ooh.. Thank you for all the info, we will def look into the areas you've mentioned.

Looks like you've landed on your feet, I love to hear personal experiences of those who have recently made the move.

Good luck in the future, and look forward to hearing where you end up moving permanently!

• 5 weeks later...

Totally agree with other posts in this and your three month update, its so nice to see a few more positive stories coming out!!

We fly out to Melbourne one way on 20th June with Singapore, extra leg room tickets booked as well! Looking to get four week serviced apartment - you mind me asking whereabouts yours was?

Me and OH are same age as you both (32 & 29) but without the kids, but also fancy more out of the CBD living (Berwick, Mornington, etc), though I'm an architect and he's in IT so might be more job opportunities in the CBD......CVs will be going out shortly so we will just have to wait and see what happens!!

Good luck for the next six months as well, I'm sure it will be just as adventurous! Maybe see you in Oz soon! :o)