Visa 176 already granted... Do I need to tell DIAC about our new baby?

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace

We are still in the UK about to apply for Child Visa 101 for our new baby. I just had a thought though - should I have told DIAC that we have another child now since you are meant to inform them of any change of circumstances or will applying for the 101 visa be the next step?

If I do have to tell them, who do I contact?

THanks in advance

Assuming the baby was born in the UK (or outside Australia anyway) after the visa was issued then I think you just need to apply for the 101. The only circumstances that you need to tell DIAC about after your visa is issued is anything that affects your passport (e.g. a new passport being issued because the one linked to your visa has expired, been lost or you've changed your name) because you'll need your visa linked to your new passport number.

Notification would go to your nearest DIAC office, which if you are still in Glasgow is Australia House in London.

Edited by Ken
  • Like 1

Hi. We had kinda the same issue, although our case officer advised us to migrate sooner and have the baby in OZ,which we are doing next week.

We left it late but informed our case officer. He advised if the baby is born in the UK we need the baby visa application, which you are doing and the form 80 and medical. He would then process it and grant as applicable.

In short, let your case officer know as he/she will process the application in quick time. This is according to our case officer who advised that a change of circumstances can be made at anytime.

Good luck

• Like 1

Hi. We had kinda the same issue, although our case officer advised us to migrate sooner and have the baby in OZ,which we are doing next week.

We left it late but informed our case officer. He advised if the baby is born in the UK we need the baby visa application, which you are doing and the form 80 and medical. He would then process it and grant as applicable.

In short, let your case officer know as he/she will process the application in quick time. This is according to our case officer who advised that a change of circumstances can be made at anytime.

Good luck

Good idea. I will let our 176 case officer know and see if they can help us. Thanks!

Good idea. I will let our 176 case officer know and see if they can help us. Thanks!

Let the forum know if that works, but general experience of the forum is that once your visa has been issued your case officer is no longer your case officer and can't do anything.

• 10 months later...