Alan H

121/856 Visa Walk Through

Have read tons on the 121/855 process

What I'm missing that I need your help on is I want to know exactly how DIAC works with the perspective employer. This employer is bean new to the sponsorship process and I want to make it as painless as possible and prepare them well in advance.

I have read the employer hand book cover to cover but it does give me an indication of the types of questions asked, are there follow up interviews,

If there is anyone that has gone through this process before and actually helped their employer sponsor them then I would appreciate some insight into your experience or if there ate any consultants out there wanting to lend their experience that would be much appreciated !!!

Once I understand the potential issues and all the hidden gotchas, then I will have enough information to make an educated decision on whether or not to go the consultant route. I don't like making decisions while I'm in the dark. Hope that makes sense

Thanks everyone

Have read tons on the 121/855 process

What I'm missing that I need your help on is I want to know exactly how DIAC works with the perspective employer. This employer is bean new to the sponsorship process and I want to make it as painless as possible and prepare them well in advance.

I have read the employer hand book cover to cover but it does give me an indication of the types of questions asked, are there follow up interviews,

If there is anyone that has gone through this process before and actually helped their employer sponsor them then I would appreciate some insight into your experience or if there ate any consultants out there wanting to lend their experience that would be much appreciated !!!

Once I understand the potential issues and all the hidden gotchas, then I will have enough information to make an educated decision on whether or not to go the consultant route. I don't like making decisions while I'm in the dark. Hope that makes sense

Thanks everyone

I guess you mean 121/856? As the 855 is for skilled meat workers under a Labour Agreement.

For the 121/856 ENS program, the nomination application is an application made by your employer to nominate you for Permanent Residency.

It is not an interview process. The employer must lodge an application and provide the Immigration Department with all of the documentation and forms required to evidence that the business and position meet all of the necessary criteria.

Depending on the business, the documentation can be quite extensive, but will include sensitive documentation such as financials, P&L and in some cases even Businesses Activity Statements (Tax Documents).

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

I'm doing a nomination for Subclass 856 at work for another guy for my company at the moment. I've also done and had mine approved.

You need form 785 from the immigration website.

You also need to download the ENS nomination checklist. This is very useful as it shows what is needed.

You need the certified company P&L statement, balance sheet statement, certificate of registration with ASIC, certificate of registration with tax registration, bank statement, the last four business activity statements for the last financial year. These sound technical, but I asked our accountant and he took about 15 minutes to jump on the computer and print all that off, so it's easy for him to find.

You need to put together the company's spending on training in the last financial year. I did this by making a spreadsheet of the employees in the company and sending examples of the qualification records of a few of the employees who worked for the company. We only have a small company so the spreadsheet was made up of the names of the 12 people who work for us, the day rate they are on, the external training they have received and its cost, how many days the external training course took, when they took it. Don't forget to add in their day rate to your total costs of training as employees also have to be paid while they are taking training and this is part of the cost of the training. Also work out the costs of internal training for the company e.g. internal training courses, costs of internal trainer, materials, costs of internal training activities like inductions, tool box talks, safety alert/incident response training, Safe Work Method Statement training. There's plenty of training that goes on that you can get that number up with. On the training sheet spreadsheet you can put whether each employee is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary visa holder as this will help you give a breakdown of the immigration status of the company workforce.

As said in the previous reply, its just an application form. We had a nomination approved in January and there was no contact from Immigration after we had submitted (in mid August) until it's approval. That took 5 months (ETA country), non-DRC.

Sydney since April 2007.

I'm doing a nomination for Subclass 856 at work for another guy for my company at the moment. I've also done and had mine approved.

You need form 785 from the immigration website.

You also need to download the ENS nomination checklist. This is very useful as it shows what is needed.

You need the certified company P&L statement, balance sheet statement, certificate of registration with ASIC, certificate of registration with tax registration, bank statement, the last four business activity statements for the last financial year. These sound technical, but I asked our accountant and he took about 15 minutes to jump on the computer and print all that off, so it's easy for him to find.

You need to put together the company's spending on training in the last financial year. I did this by making a spreadsheet of the employees in the company and sending examples of the qualification records of a few of the employees who worked for the company. We only have a small company so the spreadsheet was made up of the names of the 12 people who work for us, the day rate they are on, the external training they have received and its cost, how many days the external training course took, when they took it. Don't forget to add in their day rate to your total costs of training as employees also have to be paid while they are taking training and this is part of the cost of the training. Also work out the costs of internal training for the company e.g. internal training courses, costs of internal trainer, materials, costs of internal training activities like inductions, tool box talks, safety alert/incident response training, Safe Work Method Statement training. There's plenty of training that goes on that you can get that number up with. On the training sheet spreadsheet you can put whether each employee is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary visa holder as this will help you give a breakdown of the immigration status of the company workforce.

As said in the previous reply, its just an application form. We had a nomination approved in January and there was no contact from Immigration after we had submitted (in mid August) until it's approval. That took 5 months (ETA country), non-DRC.

Wow.... Thanks for the detailed response this is helpful. Do you think you could send me the training plan you used for your sponsorship. I promise I won't use it in it's entirety. It would be very helpful and save me a lot unknowns.

don't you mean work? :rolleyes:

Well i don't really know where to start so to see how someone did theirs will give me a good idea on how to do it.

I'm not trying to short cut the work in anyway. Just want to make sure i do it right and I do it well enough so no interview or follow up item is required. I want it to go as smoothly as possible.

I'm worried if I do it wrong things will get denied and I will lose my chance to go to AU.

The penalty for unregistered people offering migration advice in Australia is (up to) $11000 or 10 years imprisonment, or both.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com