Important - Have you transferred UK Pension (QROPS)? Please read

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andrew

Great reading your posts - very informative. I have transferred my UK pension to AUS; 5 years not quite expired yet. Can I move the funds to a different company provided they are also Qrops qualified?

Regards

Troy

Hi Andrew

Great reading your posts - very informative. I have transferred my UK pension to AUS; 5 years not quite expired yet. Can I move the funds to a different company provided they are also Qrops qualified?

Regards

Troy

Hi Troy

The breach timeline is actually 5 full tax years of being a non UK tax resident and therefore this could mean almost 6 years for some.

Regards moving from one QROPS provider to another, this is possible to do without creating a breach so long as all other rules are adhered to.

Regards

Andy

• 1 month later...

Hi all ...

I have 4 small private pensions in the UK that I want to transfer to my SMSF. I have the list of forms that I need to complete ... and first on the list is the Revenue form APSS251 which I need to complete to enable the Revenue to issue a QROP approval number to my SMSF to pass on to my pension fund in the UK to go to the next step. My SMSF meets the QROP requirements ... all I need is to complete the form. Has anybody managed to complete this form? ... for example, how does one complete Q12 - "Which section of the tax legislation provides for tax relief for personal and employer contributions?" ... and Q12 " Which section of the tax legislation covers the tax rules for benefits from the scheme? ...

All SMSF shoukd be in the same position ... so the answers to all questions on the form should be the same for all SMSF ... my question is, does anybody have a sample completed form?

Help!!

Allan.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all ...

I have 4 small private pensions in the UK that I want to transfer to my SMSF. I have the list of forms that I need to complete ... and first on the list is the Revenue form APSS251 which I need to complete to enable the Revenue to issue a QROP approval number to my SMSF to pass on to my pension fund in the UK to go to the next step. My SMSF meets the QROP requirements ... all I need is to complete the form. Has anybody managed to complete this form? ... for example, how does one complete Q12 - "Which section of the tax legislation provides for tax relief for personal and employer contributions?" ... and Q12 " Which section of the tax legislation covers the tax rules for benefits from the scheme? ...

All SMSF shoukd be in the same position ... so the answers to all questions on the form should be the same for all SMSF ... my question is, does anybody have a sample completed form?

Help!!

Allan.

Hi Allan

Did you manage to sort this?

• 2 months later...

Hello.

I have been told that there has been a change in UK QROPS regulations which means that only on QLD super fund is currently eligible to receive funds from UK pensions. I can't seem to find anything about this and as i was just about to transfer my UK pension fund to my Australian Super fund which was QROPS approved this is a bit of a blow. Can any one tell me if this is true?

Hello. I have been told that there has been a change in UK QROPS regulations which means that only on QLD super fund is currently eligible to receive funds from UK pensions. I can't seem to find anything about this and as i was just about to transfer my UK pension fund to my Australian Super fund which was QROPS approved this is a bit of a blow. Can any one tell me if this is true?

Hi Addy

This is correct, have a look here this explains how things stand currently: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/money-finance/235043-important-uk-pension-transfers-post-6-april-15-a.html

Regards

Andy

• 1 month later...

Hi Andrew

I am planning on migrating to Oz in 2016 or Q1, 2017. I have a DB pension pot and a DC pot that I would look to transfer. I recall the rules used to allow you to transfer these ta free if done within 6 months of landing. Does this still apply ? Are there any obvious rules I need to consider ?

thanks

Pommie