Advice needed!

Guest chewie

Guest chewie

Hi everyone!

My husbands a telecom engineer and I'm struggling to find what this job comes under in oz. I can only see lot's of different eletrical tradesman jobs on the government website and we've know idea what it comes under, does anyone know how we can find out??

thanx

:cry: :cry:

Guest alison34

Hiya! Does ur hubby actually have a job out there? if so what company? my hubby is a telecoms engineer, he applied 4 a job 6 weeks ago with a company called infratrel, they r based in new zealand but have got loads of work in aus, they offererd my hubby full time position, just waiting on the contract comin in next 2 days!

Alison

Guest chewie

Hi Alison, that's great news. I thought it was almost impossible to get a job offer without already being in Oz. Our main worry about moving over is striggling to find work, if we managed to get that sorted first that would be a weight off. Do you know who we could speak to at the company?

Thanx :lol:

Guest lholmes
Hi everyone!

My husbands a telecom engineer and I'm struggling to find what this job comes under in oz. I can only see lot's of different eletrical tradesman jobs on the government website and we've know idea what it comes under, does anyone know how we can find out??

thanx

:cry: :cry:

Hi there

Your husband’s occupation may be on the SOL but under a different name. Try reviwing the actual skills that each occupation entails by visiting: http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/66f306f503e529a5ca25697e0017661f/5c244fd9d252cfc8ca25697e00184d35!OpenDocument. This website displays the ASCO (Australian Standard Classification of Occupations) for each occupation in Australia.

You may also wish to visit http://www.visabureau.com/australia/tradespeople.aspx to have a read about the TRA which is the skills assessing body for Trades. Following this you should consider completing a no obligations eligibility assessment. This will qualify you for a specific visa/s and would also enable you to chat with a Migration Consultant who can determine what your husband’s occupation is considered as on the SOL.

You can also read up on the employer sponsored visa options by visiting http://www.visabureau.com/australia/work-visas.aspx.

Good luck!

• 12 years later...
On 25/05/2006 at 01:34, Guest chewie said:

Hi everyone!

thanx

😢 😢

his trade shall come under communications thats voice, data, fibre optic cabling he shall have to do a course at the local tafe (College) but 1st he shall have to have his qualifications assessed by the migration dept. every man & his dog has the un restricted communications license. so most work as sub contractors for other companies so he may be working on the telephone network but as a subby sorry to say & the whole infrastructure in australia is shit. Telstra is the same as BT massive cuts on maintenance works & poor trade people who have not a great deal of knowledge. but the way to go is Fibre optic connections & installs & if he can do fusion splice he may be OK.

Arthur in Melbourne

36 minutes ago, no1spark said:

his trade shall come under communications thats voice, data, fibre optic cabling he shall have to do a course at the local tafe (College) but 1st he shall have to have his qualifications assessed by the migration dept. every man & his dog has the un restricted communications license. so most work as sub contractors for other companies so he may be working on the telephone network but as a subby sorry to say & the whole infrastructure in australia is shit. Telstra is the same as BT massive cuts on maintenance works & poor trade people who have not a great deal of knowledge. but the way to go is Fibre optic connections & installs & if he can do fusion splice he may be OK.

Arthur in Melbourne

You are replying to a thread that's nearly 13 years old.  😎

Archived